atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: clgjr "Urgent" please help nortel flash setup - 02/07/09 08:39 AM
I'm trying to setup a flash voice mail on CICS for a client and everything has went smooth except for this! Once I log into the sys admin I see on the screen MBOX-AA-CCR. However when I press AA to setup the greetings the display reads "Not Allowed" this is also the case if I select CCR.I can access the MBOX though. Now I think this is maybe the voicemail light system ( I think). Currently flash will answer the lines and play the default greeting. So is there any way to change this greeting? By the way I did default the flash and the CICS before hand, if that makes a difference! please help thanks in advance!
I have never seen that before. If it were me, I would try the default procedure again on the flash and see if anything changes.
Posted By: clgjr Re: "Urgent" please help nortel flash setup - 02/07/09 09:24 AM
I read some where just now that aa and ccr is not available on the light system! Can you confirm thats the case? If thats true where would you change the default greeting that I'm getting. I will try a reset default though.. thanks for the quick response!
I have never worked with a Flash Light. I did some research and found that what you are saying is correct. The AA and CCR options are not available on the Flash Light. As far as the greeting goes, I don't know where to change it. I am trying to find some documentation on the Light, but so far, no luck. I guess it's safe to assume you don't have them either. Maybe Marv or one of the other guys will know more. If I find the Doc's, I will see if I can find the answer.
Posted By: clgjr Re: "Urgent" please help nortel flash setup - 02/07/09 10:07 AM
Thank you so much! That's what is driving me nuts trying to locate where that greeting resides! Do you know if the voicemail light can be upgraded?
Posted By: clgjr Re: "Urgent" please help nortel flash setup - 02/07/09 10:21 AM
One more thing when I check the voice mail version through admin login the display reads N*2.0.02. So is this really a flash light??
Good question. I don't know for sure about the version. I will see what I can find out. If you are being told 'not allowed' when you press AA or CCR it's safe to assume it's the Flash Light.

As far as the upgrade, yes, it can be upgraded to a Flash. This will give you the AA and the CCR options. From what I see, it is reasonable pricewise to go ahead and upgrade it to a full Flash. I will keep searching for the Doc's to see what I can find.
Posted By: clgjr Re: "Urgent" please help nortel flash setup - 02/07/09 10:34 AM
I sure thank you for your time!
Posted By: telemarv Re: "Urgent" please help nortel flash setup - 02/07/09 10:44 AM
You have a Flash Lite. 10 MB's, no Auto Atendant.
Posted By: clgjr Re: "Urgent" please help nortel flash setup - 02/07/09 10:45 AM
Sorry but one more question... Is there any way to make incoming callls answer to a specific mailbox ,say like ext21? Thanks again!
Posted By: clgjr Re: "Urgent" please help nortel flash setup - 02/07/09 10:49 AM
The thing that gets me is why would they design it so that a generic recording plays if flash answers incoming calls. Because the real trouble with that is "the caller has no clue in hell what company they called" and think they may have got the wrong company!
Posted By: MooreTel Re: "Urgent" please help nortel flash setup - 02/07/09 12:16 PM
It was probably designed for the expense-minded client that didn't need all the bells, horns & whistles.
Posted By: clgjr Re: "Urgent" please help nortel flash setup - 02/07/09 01:29 PM
Understood. However is there a way for me to make incoming calls answer with mailbox 21? Or better yet the general mailbox 10? Thanks so much guys!
Posted By: MooreTel Re: "Urgent" please help nortel flash setup - 02/07/09 03:29 PM
:shrug: :shrug:

Never had the pleasure (or frustration) of working on a "Lite" system. Never offered the option to my clients. Sorry.
Posted By: DMCSALES Re: "Urgent" please help nortel flash setup - 02/07/09 03:34 PM
clgjr,
I had one client a long time ago that had a flash lite. from what i remember it only went with the cics. the cics has a built in auto attendant and that is where you need to change the greeting. Sorry to say that i don't even remember how to do it. I do remember it being a pain in the a**.
As rich mentioned it can be upgraded. it's just a matter of punching in a key code. its not that expensive to upgrade, and the customer will have a fully functional flash.
Posted By: clgjr Re: "Urgent" please help nortel flash setup - 02/08/09 10:26 AM
Would it happen to be feature*833 to change built in aa greeting ?
Posted By: vad60 Re: "Urgent" please help nortel flash setup - 02/08/09 02:55 PM
Yes, but before that you have to Disable AA, change Greeting and then Enable it again.
Posted By: clgjr Re: "Urgent" please help nortel flash setup - 02/08/09 05:18 PM
Could you possible post what the steps are? I can't seem to find it in any of my manuals. Thanks
Posted By: clgjr Re: "Urgent" please help nortel flash setup - 02/08/09 05:23 PM
Also if anyone that has posted to this topic can assist me and getting the upgrade key, I'm very interested. I need to get this took care of by tues. coming up.Thanks, Contact me at 704-596-0584 Jr Godfrey
Posted By: MooreTel Re: "Urgent" please help nortel flash setup - 02/09/09 04:32 AM
You can get the upgrade from either Nortel or one of it's Dealers.

Step by Step instructions are against board rules & guidelines. Sorry.
Posted By: clgjr Re: "Urgent" please help nortel flash setup - 02/09/09 01:09 PM
Just as a follow up I got everything worked out! Fixed it so incoming calls forward to a specific MB and cust is fine with that! Thank god. I never ran across a flash light either and I sure will know next time what a nightmare! So thanks to everyone's help!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help