atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Kevin Lough Nortel PRI setup - 03/30/09 03:41 PM
Hello All,

I have installed many Nortel system in the past but none with a PRI.
Equipment MICS 7.1/NAM 4.1 with a PRI, No copper.
This Friday is the cut over, I have read through forms and got the basic setup I think..
The system was setup with the Square template, will that be a problem?
I am a bit confused on programming the DID ringing... They want the basic setup 4 rings > VM
Where do you setup the incoming digit's? and destination ringing?

Any help with this for me would be much appreciated.
thx
Posted By: telemarv Re: Nortel PRI setup - 03/30/09 04:02 PM
welcome Make sure you have all the information from your provider (PRI signalling). You will be dealing with target lines for incoming DID numbering plan.
Posted By: ALLN1 Re: Nortel PRI setup - 03/30/09 06:48 PM
Just a question telemarv.

I didn't think the 4.1 NAM was supported on the 7.1 software.

I know you have all the info on that.
Posted By: vad60 Re: Nortel PRI setup - 03/30/09 07:08 PM
NAM 4.1 is working with 7.1 software. CFNA takes care of number of rings before the VM.
Posted By: ALLN1 Re: Nortel PRI setup - 03/30/09 08:25 PM
Good to know Vad60.

Thanks
Posted By: Jack Damage Re: Nortel PRI setup - 04/01/09 09:44 AM
You may know this stuff already, but just in case:

You'll need a PRI enabler code from your Nortel Vendor. Then you need to turn that back into the vendor with the system ID to get the actual key code (24 digits) that you enter into the system. If you don't so this, you won't be able to get the T-1/PRI to work on the system.

Disable the card (module status) then change the card type to PRI (hardware), then re-enable the card (module status)

In LINES menu: DID's (target lines) start at Line 157. I use this as the main company number usually and then start the private DIDs at Line 158 and up.

Set the received digits in System Programming
menu.

Clear line pool /external code "9" from system programming.

Create Destination code "9" to use route 001
set route 001 to use PRI A

Give all sets access to PRI A (terminals and sets)

Clear the control set for all DID's other than the main company line (line 157) so the attendant doesn't send all line to the AA system when engaging night mode.

In F983, tell the system to answer line 157 at 4 rings and make sure lines 1-23 are set to answer = NO.

Set up ringing to sets in terminals and sets just like any other line, just select line 157, 158, etc. You should probably make it appear and ring with multiple appearances of the DID. If you try to make it ring only, the calls don't stack up on the intercom keys like you would expect.

I'm sure there's more to it, but off the top of my head, that's a good start.
Posted By: Kevin Lough Re: Nortel PRI setup - 04/01/09 04:22 PM
Thanks Jack, very helpful!
Posted By: Kevin Lough Re: Nortel PRI setup - 04/06/09 09:42 AM
Hey guys, Install went flawless... No problems!
Wanted to thank you for all your comments and help. Last quick question..

Is there a way to program a PRI pool key?
I had to setup an external autodial that just dialed '8' are line pool keys only for copper?

Its not a big deal the customer said that is how all his other sites are setup but that was somthing that I am not sure of..
Posted By: vad60 Re: Nortel PRI setup - 04/06/09 04:47 PM
F64> Dial out code.
Posted By: telemarv Re: Nortel PRI setup - 04/07/09 04:27 AM
Yes LP keys are copper only. You've done what I do, use a speed dial. Also depending on your SW version, you can give the caller dial tone after dialing the access code.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help