atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Tim T Do not Disturb - 04/15/09 07:17 PM
Hello all, first time posting here. I have a Nortel CICs, 7.1 software, ls/gs trunk cards and all phones are T7316e's.
I am struggling with DND functionality on the Norstar. I had programmed a Feature key with f85, verified with f*0, set the capibilities call forward no answer, 4 rings to VM ext 235, set call fwd busy to ext 235, and DND on busy to on. I place the set in DND and called the extension, its rings in the calling parties ear 4 times then goes to VM. The phone does not ring then, but you do get a visual the phone is ringing. I have set call fwd busy to none, DND on busy to off, still no change. Attempted many combinations, but get the same results. Correct me if I am wrong, but on most syctems, when a phone is in DND, it follows the call forward path immediately. I just went ahead and programmed the customer a call forward feature button and trained her to press it then enter ext 235. Flustered....
Posted By: telemarv Re: Do not Disturb - 04/16/09 04:16 AM
DND functions as you described. All you are doing is turning off the ringer and internal calls will get visual on their screen of DND. If you want to go directly to voice mail, use F984 call forward to voice mail.
Posted By: Tim T Re: Do not Disturb - 04/16/09 05:21 PM
Marv,
Thank you very much for your time. I appreciate it.
Tim
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help