atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: chuck handset volume - 06/16/09 09:02 AM
I have a customer with an older MICS. When the receptionist answers a call, the handset volume is too low. She can raise it, but it reverts to the previuos volume when she hangs up. I tried toggling the "user volume" & "system volume" optoions in programming, but neither changes the symptom. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Chuck
Posted By: skip555 Re: handset volume - 06/16/09 09:10 AM
have you tried swapping the phone/handset

that would be my first step
Posted By: rich30529 Re: handset volume - 06/16/09 09:17 AM
Try what Skip said.
Posted By: chuck Re: handset volume - 06/16/09 09:17 AM
Skip; Yes, Thank you for your quick response. I failed to mention that, and also that other ext's are having the same problem, and I haven't found any that act differently!

- Chuck
Posted By: rich30529 Re: handset volume - 06/16/09 09:20 AM
Have you tested the lines outside the system with a Buttset? Could be Telco. What do the lines ride in on, copper or T1?
Posted By: MooreTel Re: handset volume - 06/16/09 10:30 AM
Check the phone's version numbers. I believe they have to be at least release 19 for this to work right.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: handset volume - 06/16/09 11:03 AM
I agree with Mooretel but I have it as this:
M7324 Rls 5 and up
M7208 Rls 16 and up
M7310 Rls 16 and up

Depends too on verion of your MICS software
Posted By: Yoda Re: handset volume - 06/17/09 11:02 AM
If you use the handset and turn up the volume, when you hang up, the volume is reset to "normal" for the next time the handset is used. It's supposed to do this in case someone turns the volume up way loud (hard of hearing user), and then someone else comes along to use the phone. The second user won't get their ear blown out.

Also, . . . what Rich said.

Jim
Posted By: telemarv Re: handset volume - 06/17/09 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Curlycord:
I agree with Mooretel but I have it as this:
M7324 Rls 5 and up
M7208 Rls 16 and up
M7310 Rls 16 and up

Depends too on verion of your MICS software
:thumb:
Posted By: telemarv Re: handset volume - 06/17/09 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Yoda:
If you use the handset and turn up the volume, when you hang up, the volume is reset to "normal" for the next time the handset is used. It's supposed to do this in case someone turns the volume up way loud (hard of hearing user), and then someone else comes along to use the phone. The second user won't get their ear blown out.

Jim
:shrug: Only if you use sys vol.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help