atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: parnola DTM/PRI Config on BCM 400 3.7 System - 07/28/09 10:53 AM
I've searched this forum and don't see an answer to this. We've been running BCM 1000s and 400s for years with good results, but always with analog lines. We are now installing a PRI at one of our locations and I have no experience with them.

We have a BCM 400 3.7 test system and I have installed the DTM module on Bus 3 and the system recognizes it. I have tried various settings but can't get the system to see the 23 phone lines on the PRI from the phone company. Can someone point me to a primer for troubleshooting this? Currently, I see the lines listed as "provisioned" but under services there are no active phone lines. Also, on the front of the module, the 3rd light from the left is flashing green, which I believe means it's not connected. I'm sure I have a protocol or something wrong. Here are the settings I current have in place:
Module type: PRI
Low line/loop: Line 181
High line/loop: Line 203
Protocol: NI
B-channel selection sequence: Descending sequential
Clock source: Primary
send Name Display: Y

For T1 parameters:
CO fail: TIA-547A
Interface levels: ISDN
Framing: ESF
Internal CSU: On
CSU line build: 0 dB
Line coding: B8ZS

Thank you for any help you can provide!
Posted By: vad60 Re: DTM/PRI Config on BCM 400 3.7 System - 07/28/09 02:53 PM
Has to be NI2. Go and Enable PRI. Call Provider and ask or the seeing your B & D channels. Card supposed to say T1 PRI not T1 only. If you have external CSU turn your Internal off. Assign them into a Pool.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: DTM/PRI Config on BCM 400 3.7 System - 07/28/09 09:03 PM
Hey parnola, Welcome to the boards. welcome

Vad60 has good things to checkout.

Also, it is always good to disable the module and re-enable it after you make changes.
One other thing, are you using a straight through cable? Some providers want a straight-thru. But I have had some that have to have a cross-over cable. You might try that.
No - not a LAN crossover. A T1 cross-over.
Posted By: parnola Re: DTM/PRI Config on BCM 400 3.7 System - 07/29/09 05:32 AM
Thank you both for your replies. I will check all of this and let you know what I find.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help