atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Tn Tech Controlling the number of incoming calls. - 09/15/09 10:47 AM
Is their a way to control the number of incoming calls on a PRI coming into a BCM? I know I can set the number of appearences for each set with the target line with the main number, but if additional calls come in on the additional channels not assigned to the phone will they not default straight to the operator? Any input is appreciated.
Calls will go to whatever the prime set is for the target line. You can use the AA to answer after x rings as an overflow.

Only way to limit calls is to disable channels.
Posted By: vad60 Re: Controlling the number of incoming calls. - 09/16/09 04:58 AM
Main number will go to AA 23 times doesn't meter what channel it came on. DID will ring as many times as there assigned number of Appearances and next one will end up in personal MB or ring on ICM key.
Related story: I installed an MICS with PRI T1 at a very busy doctor's office. This system replaced their ancient 6-line analog system. Day 1 - Phones were ringing off the hook. They were MAD at me! I can only assume patients were getting busy tones in the past. What am I supposed to do? :shrug: They sent me downstairs to an equally busy doctor's office to observe how quiet that office was. I spoke with that office manager and asked what they do to keep the phones so quiet. "Follow me" she says. We go to a back room...doors shut, no windows. She opens the door and there are TWO operators juggling calls like circus performers. I went back upstairs and told the doc: "Hire another receptionist".

That being said, you either have to install a CallPilot 150 with ACD and put the callers "in orbit", or have the AA send callers to voicemail.

Disabling channels, as the all-knowing & omnipresent (omnipotent?) Telemarv indicated, is the only way to truly limit calls.
Thanks for the input fellas, much appreciated.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help