atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: StillThePhoneGuy Nortel Meridian 1 Basics- Books? - 10/30/09 11:37 AM
I'm in a position where I may be working with Nortel gear either directly or indirectly (I.E. supervising and/or just the system in the next office) and I'm wondering if there's any books or web resources that would be a good basic intro to Nortel terminology. What cards do, how the system is set up ins oftware, etc. I'm not expecting to be a wiz, but I was in the position of being the customer for some work on one of my company's systems for overnights on a move and it was frustrating not knowing what cards do, and I felt like I wasn't comfortable making decisions during that weekend because I didn't know the seriousness of things.

I normally run a Tadiran PBX and it seems I do a lot more hands-on work than our NYC PBX systems (that have a lot more work done by vendors due to union rules) but I'd feel better at least knowing which cards do what!
M1 can have multiple flavors...from the old SL1 with a M1 cabinet upgrade to a various level of pure M1. It would be easier if you had a picture or itemized list of equipment to tell you exactly what you have and what each does.
I know they're mostly Option 81c systems... Liek I said, just looking for a basic overview of what is what.
Posted By: Baron-B Re: Nortel Meridian 1 Basics- Books? - 10/30/09 03:15 PM
Go to the nortel web site "www.nortel.com". Go to Support-> Documentation. You can find a lot of the NTP books there on PDF files. The ones I would recommend are (for Meridian 1) "System Input/Output", "Maintenance", "Installation", and "System Messages". Good luck.
Posted By: DigitelD Re: Nortel Meridian 1 Basics- Books? - 11/09/09 12:06 PM
EDIT: To remove external link
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help