atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nathanflavor MICS 7.1 external paging - 11/18/09 11:25 AM
I am unalble to recieve any tone or static from the external paging port (black/slate) pair. I was told that the existing set up worked once upon a time. Is it possible the port is bad and how can I test or change the port to work?
Paging over handsets is working fine using only zone 1.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: MICS 7.1 external paging - 11/18/09 12:30 PM
Are you using F62 to page or F60 and BOTH when asked?
Posted By: nathanflavor Re: MICS 7.1 external paging - 11/18/09 01:28 PM
I have used F60(both) and F62. I am mainly using F62 for ease though.
Posted By: nathanflavor Re: MICS 7.1 external paging - 11/18/09 01:31 PM
I have removed the amp that is inline on the page port and placed an unpowered 8ohm speaker and still nothing. Using F62.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: MICS 7.1 external paging - 11/18/09 01:50 PM
Use F62 for testing - that way you don't go over the phones.
You should be able to put your butt set on the pins and hear the page, or use your Toner magic wand and hear the page.
You should also hear a "CLICK" inside the MICS when you page.
If you don't hear anything with any of these tests, you probably have a bad port.

I don't think there is any "FIX" to do except replace the MICS.

It wouldn't be something simple like you are counting down to the 15th pair, but someone put the wrong pair on the pins ??? Verify the wire colors.

OR It wouldn't be something simple like you are connecting to the TRUNK amphenol cable???
You should be on the Second STATION AMP cable - the one in the middle.
Posted By: nathanflavor Re: MICS 7.1 external paging - 11/18/09 02:02 PM
Ty so much for the info. I have actualy looked at all the options you have mentioned... wire color and block placment sadly was not that easy. Well time for a new MICS. Thanks agian and I really appreciate help.
Posted By: russell4444 Re: MICS 7.1 external paging - 12/26/09 08:54 AM
Since this is dry audio out on the page port, some older style unampped butt sets won't work.
Is you butt set ampiflied?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help