atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Nickels MICs Upgrade Keycode - 12/16/09 02:14 PM
Anyone know for sure, if you upgrade a MICs with a PRI keycode in it, from 3.0 to 7.1, not via the upgrade process if you have the keycode and you enter it into the new software, will the system recognize it again? I would assume as it is the same SN, but need to confirm and nobody at Nortel can give me this as an answer. The process for this upgrade would be do a startup. Power down it and install new software, then power it back up. So all info would be lost.
Posted By: mcrackin Re: MICs Upgrade Keycode - 12/16/09 04:21 PM
My experience is when you do the startup procedure the system ID changes. Making your keycode invalid. I have been thru this a number of times. I have had techs do this unfortunately with bad results. And getting a new keycode takes a little while.
Posted By: telemarv Re: MICs Upgrade Keycode - 12/16/09 05:21 PM
3.0 would have no PRI enabler code. PRI was not supported until 4.1.
Posted By: Nickels Re: MICs Upgrade Keycode - 12/18/09 11:17 AM
Your right Marv it is 5.0 actually..... Turns out my eyes are starting to go..........
Posted By: Toner Re: MICs Upgrade Keycode - 12/19/09 09:06 AM
Maybe it's time to retire laugh
Posted By: Nickels Re: MICs Upgrade Keycode - 12/19/09 09:29 AM
No I think I just need to break down... I ve had the exam....now buy some glasses.

Not all of us can retire in there 30s like you.......
Posted By: Toner Re: MICs Upgrade Keycode - 12/20/09 01:51 PM
Retire?!! I work twice as hard for the same amount of money now...

Plus I don't have that sweet health plan that would pay for a new pair of glasses :scratch:
Posted By: royb Re: MICs Upgrade Keycode - 12/20/09 03:47 PM
the System ID will change
Posted By: russell4444 Re: MICs Upgrade Keycode - 12/25/09 09:59 AM
With the original PRI auth code you can go to Nortel and get the PRI auth code re issued the PRI code for the new sys ID. Regeneration is what I believe they call that.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help