atcomsystems.ca/forum
Have (6) analog trunks off an Option 81 PBX connected to a Norstar MICS 7.0 KSU. When the far end terminates a call, the Option 81 PBX receives the disconnect and releases the call, but the disconnect is never sent to the Norstar KSU. Therefore the trunk remains off-hook on the KSU. The programming of Disc Supervision is activated on the KSU. The Disc Supervision works successfully if a analog pots line is connected directly to the KSU, since it's receiving the telco CO disconnect signal. Is there any setting in either the Option 81 or Norstar KSU that would fix this issue, or is the only option to change to POTS.
How are the 81 trunks configured? As trunks through a route or just 2500 ports off an NT8D09?
The trunks are configured as 500/2500 ports on a NT8D09.

Performed a similar test as a 500/2500 built on a NT1R20 OPS card.

Both were unsuccessful, no disconnect coming from the Option 81.
Depending upon your price pain thresh hold...you can program the 2500 ports to send a splash of dialtone as a disconnect signal. I have had to buy modules from Mike Sandman that would take ANY signal sent as disconnect and modify it to be a true disconnect signal. Had to use these when interfacing a Nortel PBX with a dictation system that required specific disconnect sequence.
How are u testing the COD? With a toner or listening on a but set or a volt meter? I know I have programmed analog trunks on M1s to send Cut off on disconnet... I just don't remember the CLS or FTR I used of you need of the top of my head.....
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help