atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: clgjr callpilot mini over complicating things - 01/21/10 07:20 PM
Here's my situation. I just want to default this vm. I was able to get in the system through a serial connection but not able to re-initialize the unit. also I've got the ip address too, but have had no luck what so ever getting in. Could someone please tell me how to set my ip properties on my pc so that i can get in this puppy. This is hooking up with a cross over cable. Or if there is a way through the serial connection that will work. I've tried everything i could possible think of. I can ping the ip address but just can't get to the login screen.. please help... thanks
Posted By: Tim T Re: callpilot mini over complicating things - 01/21/10 07:28 PM
Reinitialize VIA phone programming.
Posted By: telemarv Re: callpilot mini over complicating things - 01/22/10 07:40 AM
You are sure this is a mini? It is/was connected to an Option?

Reinit is best through a browser.

If you can ping the CP then your laptop is already in the same subnet.

Just put in the ip address in the address field of your browser https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Posted By: ffej010 Re: callpilot mini over complicating things - 01/22/10 11:02 AM
If it is an older if you are connecting directly to the Call Pilot with your PC/laptop, try using a crossover cable.
Try this (I have too) - Boot up your laptop into safe mode (w/networking) and then try to access the vm using your browser. I must have a service running thats preventing me from getting to the browser.
Posted By: clgjr Re: callpilot mini over complicating things - 01/22/10 04:42 PM
I'm using a cross-over cable now, and it has a link light. I will try to access it in safe mode and post back. I 've tried accessing callpilot from 3 different pc's and no luck. not sure what i'm missing but it's probable something minute. the manual says that the mini cannot be initialized via phone. thanks
Posted By: clgjr Re: callpilot mini over complicating things - 01/22/10 05:33 PM
ok i tried the safe mode suggestion. no go! The thing is I can telnet using tcp/ip and get in that way. Of course I don't know if it's possible to re-initilize through telnet or a serial connection. I can ping the address but still can't get in. I've even tried several different browsers and I just can't seem to access this darn callpilot. I have worked on a few in the past and never had this situation. anything else to try?? Thanks guys
Posted By: telemarv Re: callpilot mini over complicating things - 01/22/10 06:48 PM
Is this voice mail connected to a system or just sitting on your bench? It must be connected and fully operational or the browser will not activate.
Posted By: clgjr Re: callpilot mini over complicating things - 01/22/10 08:50 PM
well I'll be gosh darn it! sitting on the bench.... u know i believe i recall this scenario. I try to service so many different brands it gets harder to go from brand to brand and not stay insane!!
Posted By: clgjr Re: callpilot mini over complicating things - 01/22/10 08:55 PM
is this also the case with the serial connection too? and is there any way to trick this bad boy into thinking its connected to a system?
No sir.
Posted By: telemarv Re: callpilot mini over complicating things - 01/24/10 05:39 AM
You can connect via a serial. If you watch the output the system will give you an error and continually try to boot.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help