atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: AMSTech Norstar Plus -- Number 4 not working - 01/23/10 03:59 PM
I am working with a customer that is having a problem with their Norstar Plus MICS system. When they dial their internal extensions like 4xxx there is no issue, or dial 717/434-4144 there is no issue; but when they connect to an IVR system and enter the digit 4 it is not recognized -- it shows on the phone display. I have checked all configurations and can find nothing that would make only the number 4 be affected.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Norstar Plus -- Number 4 not working - 01/23/10 06:10 PM
Never heard of this, assuming all sets on system.
Hard to say if software glich or not, doing a startup and re-program clears most gliches.
Assume you rebooted system?

Starnge it works to dial out but not when connected.
Unless of course your lines are set to Pulse and not Tones....you did check that right?
Posted By: AMSTech Re: Norstar Plus -- Number 4 not working - 01/24/10 06:32 PM
Yes did reboot.
Yes did check lines -- all set to tone.
Problem only exists with number 4 when in an IVR system -- I agree it is real weird, but I have seen it.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Norstar Plus -- Number 4 not working - 01/25/10 07:06 AM
What about when you call into a voice mail system instead of IVR?
If your site as AA then call in and test.

Make sure to call a few different sites in case its them and not your site.
Try also going online at Demarc with a butt set and see if you hear the 4 being pressed.
Posted By: AMSTech Re: Norstar Plus -- Number 4 not working - 01/25/10 08:15 AM
Have tried 3 different IVRs and followed with cell phone call to them (verifying that 4 works in IVR).
Problem exists on all phones at site (20).
Have not tried butt set at Demarc yet.
Posted By: luv2ski Re: Norstar Plus -- Number 4 not working - 01/26/10 04:37 AM
what release of software.
Posted By: AMSTech Re: Norstar Plus -- Number 4 not working - 01/26/10 08:25 AM
30NdG00 NAT
Posted By: luv2ski Re: Norstar Plus -- Number 4 not working - 01/27/10 07:00 AM
i guess i would monitor the copper trunk to verify a DTMF tone was being generated..also try at demarc with but set and verify its the switch or far end issue... also try a f808 for long tones to see if that clears it up.

Also kinda leaning towards far end since telco seems to be able to recognize 4's dtmf
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help