atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Doug Money Nortel Single Line Phone Question - 01/26/10 08:55 AM
I have a customer with a Nortel System, I am not sure of the model except that it uses M7310 phones. They have a couple of phones in the plant that are single line desk phones like we use to have in our houses years ago. They are the simple pickup and dial phones and you have to dial 9 to get an outside line. The question is they want a few more and I can't find any model numbers on the phones themselves. They want the amplified handsets on them also so they can hear over the machinery. It is not possible that they are using standard CO line phones is it? Thanks.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Nortel Single Line Phone Question - 01/26/10 10:29 AM
Yes, they're using SLT's attached to an ATA. You'll need a G6 type handset for the the amplification aspect and those will only go on standard 500/2500 type sets.

If you're working on Nortel equipment, this is really BASIC. If you don't know what you're doing, call in a Nortel Tech to make it work.
Posted By: Doug Money Re: Nortel Single Line Phone Question - 01/26/10 08:05 PM
Thanks Dave, I don't work on Nortel equipment, they just wanted to buy an extra phone. I was actually looking for the model to buy. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: telemarv Re: Nortel Single Line Phone Question - 01/27/10 02:35 AM
Any SLT will work.
Posted By: nogden Re: Nortel Single Line Phone Question - 01/30/10 02:03 PM
My favorite single line telephone is the Western Electric/AT&T/ITT/Cortelco 2500. The new ones made by Cortelco come standard with amplified handsets, as well. These phones are super durable which sounds like it might be important for your situation. Just look for model numbers starting with 2500. A good one is 250044-VBA-20M.

If you have any questions about the 2500 set, there are people here that know those phones inside and out!

-Nelson
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help