atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ATechguy MICS 6.1 upgrade from DS to CI cards,~@#% - 02/03/10 03:41 PM
HI! There, i am baffled with this , iam upgrading a Mics 6.1KSU, it also has 6 port fiber slot with 2 0x12's with DS cards, i tried putting in 2 global CI cards with dip setting in right position. i found out i had a bad CI card could only get 4 trunks to work ,so i try to put back in 1 DS trunk card for the other 4 trunks and it wouldn't come back the 4 lines on DS card stayed flashing, swap the DS and Caller id card slots and the caller id lines work and the Ds lines flash , swap out Ds card with another same thing , i had to put both DS trunk cards back in the Ksu slot 3 and 4. my question is do both cards in the Ksu have to be the same 2 DS or 2 CI cards ??? I checked the programing for the cards and lines all was good.. :bang: Okay someone make loook stupid Please. :scratch:
You did power down when swapping out the cards. Correct?

No they don't have to be the same. The DS and CI cards are the same except one handles Caller ID info and the other one does not.
Okay NT i think i know what happened i must have put the bad CI card in accidentally while swapping the different cards .Will try again. Thanks
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help