atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TKCO Door Opening Controller - Dry Contacts - 02/21/10 04:03 AM
I've got a Nortel Door Phone and DOC. Got the Door phone installed and need to install the DOC to open a parking gate. The gate currently has a card swipe to permit exit, but they wanted a door phone and DOC installed so people can call if their card does not open the gate. The manufacturer of the gate says I need a dry contact that is N.O (normally open). The DOC instructions says I need a 12-24V power source. I can tap the 24 power source from the gate and connect it to terminals 1 & 2.
The next couple of steps is confusing because the instructions refer to door strikes. Do I still connect one side of the gate to power and the other to Terminal 4 even if its a dry contact? Also, do I need to set the DIP 1-4 to XXXX? or can it stay on default(6)?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Posted By: jwooten Re: Door Opening Controller - Dry Contacts - 02/21/10 06:19 AM
You provide a local 12 or 24v power supply. The DOC will do both NO and NC and don't forget the protection devices. The switch settings can probably remain as is as most gates use a momentary switch to start an open/close cycle. Ask the gate crew if timing needs to be adjusted.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help