atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Gbfrisco Nortel MICS with Telacore PA system - 02/25/10 02:04 PM
I am wondering if anybody has ever tied a Nortel MICS in with an old Telacore PA system. I have a school who has the MICs in place, but would like to tie the PA system into it and get rid of their PA board and just use the phones. They have 76 overhead speakers running off of the PA board right now. Looking for any suggestions to reuse their existing speakers that are in place and tranfer control to the phones for announcements and paging.
Posted By: Nickels Re: Nortel MICS with Telacore PA system - 02/25/10 02:13 PM
As long as the Amp that runs the PA system has an input, you can just connect it to the Page port on the MICs. Should be simple and not to replace realy anything...
Posted By: telemarv Re: Nortel MICS with Telacore PA system - 02/25/10 02:38 PM
If you need to send DTMF to select page zones, then you must connect to a CO port.
Posted By: ITphoneGuy Re: Nortel MICS with Telacore PA system - 04/02/10 11:27 AM
This is almost the same issue I have.

Where is the CO port or the Page port?
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Nortel MICS with Telacore PA system - 04/02/10 11:52 AM
No insult intended, but if you don't know the answer to those two questions, you shouldn't be touching the system... :bang: :bang:
Posted By: ITphoneGuy Re: Nortel MICS with Telacore PA system - 04/02/10 04:47 PM
I did find them and, BTW, had my Valcom controller hooked up correctly then.
I thought maybe it was something different than what I had.

My background is IT, hence the name, ITphoneguy, but the phone system has been handed to me to learn and maintain, so I seek those of you who are so much more knowledgeable and patient to teach and share.

Thanks for you help and continued support.

Very Respectfully,
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Nortel MICS with Telacore PA system - 04/02/10 07:09 PM
Keep in mind that this is a forum for "End Users" to do routine minor programming duties and the such; NOT to train anyone as an Installer. I tell you this simply to forewarn you of any hard feelings you might feel towards you in the future if/when you overstep your bounds.

That being said, suggest to the powers to be that if they want & expect you to "learn" this system, that they should spring for you training at a real training facility.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help