atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rschott Exclude Lines From MOH on MICS? - 02/26/10 09:07 AM
We are an info-on-hold provider and I have a customer that uses a MICS. They rent out a portion of their office and the tenant's phone lines run through their MICS, although in a different group of numbers.

My understanding is that the MICS cannot have multiple MOH sources. However, is it possible that a Technician could EXCLUDE or PROGRAM the tenant's lines NOT to use the landlord's MOH signal? In other words, can the tenant be programmed to On-Hold:Tones while the landlord is still programmed to On-Hold:Music?

Thanks!

-ron
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Exclude Lines From MOH on MICS? - 02/26/10 09:27 AM
No, same for all as system wide... not set or lines.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Exclude Lines From MOH on MICS? - 02/26/10 11:22 AM
There is only one way to do that - it is weird but I guess it works.
www.skutchelectronics.com/as-801.htm
Only works for POTS lines, not PRI.
AND you MUST put EVERY line through these units.
If you have many lines you will have to get multiple units.

How it works is that you run your trunks through this unit (or many units) and connect your On-Hold sources to these units. (or no connection for dead air). Then this unit sends out a tone to the MICS for MOH. You really don't want to hear this tone - and you don't when all is working. When you put a line on hold, this tone goes out. BUT the unit is so fast to detect it and interrupts the line and puts the proper SOURCE onto the line.

Check it out - never used it but I heard it once and it did pretty good.
Posted By: rschott Re: Exclude Lines From MOH on MICS? - 02/27/10 08:31 AM
Thanks! NTlayoff - I appreciate the heads up on that AS-801. It's at least an option! I checked it out...sounds pretty interesting.
Posted By: Alvaphonepro Re: Exclude Lines From MOH on MICS? - 03/01/10 05:20 PM
I have first hand knowledge of this Skutch piece. You are guaranteed return trips with this piece of equipment. There are too many variables for this unit to be 100% reliable, mainly telco line voltage. Line noise, certain frequency of voices will inject the MOH during a conversation. Just a little food for thought.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help