atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas MICS programming software? - 03/03/10 12:41 PM
I picked up a customer that has a MICS with PRI. Is there programming software that is used to program?
Posted By: jsaad Re: MICS programming software? - 03/03/10 12:48 PM
Norstar ICS Remote Tools is the software but a phone (M7310 or t7316) is much faster and easier.
Posted By: rich30529 Re: MICS programming software? - 03/03/10 03:00 PM
The only time NRU comes in handy for Nortel is for backup/restore and remote access. If onsite the set programming is the method to use. As Jsaad stated, NRU only brings open a window with a M7310 or M7324 set. So either way, you're going to be using a set to program the system.
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas Re: MICS programming software? - 03/04/10 11:46 AM
Thanks a million.
Posted By: rustynails Re: MICS programming software? - 03/04/10 02:58 PM
Originally posted by rich30529:
The only time NRU comes in handy for Nortel is for backup/restore and remote access. If on site the set programming is the method to use. As Jsaad stated, NRU only brings open a window with a M7310 or M7324 set. So either way, you're going to be using a set to program the system.
Actually there a three forms of programming methods for NRU. Remote set, Tree, and excel.

I agree on small deployments the tool does not help unless you are doing remote programming. However on larger deployments, with DIDs, I suggests you use the Tree programmer. This tool is immensely helpful for local programming; allowing to rapidly move from one field to another and often displaying several programming changes in one screen shot.

...check it out!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help