atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jsaad BCM: Replace DTM with 8 pots - 03/31/10 06:09 AM
I have a customer who may want to downgrade from a PRI to some analog trunks to save money. I would need to remove the DTM card and replace it with an 8 circuit trunk card. This is a BCM 400 4.0

How hard would it be to do this?
Posted By: Crowtalks Re: BCM: Replace DTM with 8 pots - 03/31/10 02:15 PM
Not hard as long as you have the bus for it. A GATM-8 uses 1/2 of a bus and depending which bus you assign it to depends what lines it comes up as. Just assign those lines to your DNs and there you go.

It is recommended that you have the Telco enable Cut-off-on-disconnect and you make your active analog lines supervised. You can have both modules active in the system at the same time (assuming you have the resources available) and when you are satisfied with the loop lines, turn down the PRI. You may need to assign the loop lines in a pool since the customer is used to dialing 9 to access an outgoing trunk.
Posted By: jsaad Re: BCM: Replace DTM with 8 pots - 03/31/10 08:00 PM
i don't have the space to have the PRI and analog trunks at the same time. I figure I can re-assign the bus from the DTI to the analog trunk card. I just want to be do the whole thing quickly as I expect this to be done during normal hours. figure a little while for downtime.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help