atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: technologyone CICS HG Ringing - 04/06/10 07:40 PM
CICS 7.0 with CP100.

Only 4 lines, but all lines in a HG as they do not want individual line appearances. 2 I/C buttons per set. HG is set to Broadcast and ring only for all sets. If the user makes an outbound call and an incoming call comes in on the HG, it rings on his phone (CFB is off) but if he has already answered a call from the HG, the next call does not appear on his other I/C and does not ring. He would like to be able to put the first call on hold and grab the 2nd call coming into the HG without going to another phone.
Any ideas other than making all lines appear on the phones?
Posted By: telemarv Re: CICS HG Ringing - 04/06/10 09:56 PM
The system knows he's on a HG call and will not present another.
Posted By: technologyone Re: CICS HG Ringing - 04/07/10 07:52 PM
Right I understand that is what's going on. I am wondering if there is a way to change the default behavior. Maybe a COS?
Posted By: MooreTel Re: CICS HG Ringing - 04/07/10 08:05 PM
Maybe a stupid question, but what's the big deal about having the lines A&R on these sets?.....like you said it's only 4 lines.

Sometimes the client can't have everything they want....pure & simple. Some installers tend to over-complicate things to an extreme....kind of like Bell's outlook....client wants/needs a Volks, they sell them a Caddy. :bang:
Posted By: jwooten Re: CICS HG Ringing - 04/07/10 09:11 PM
How about doing ring groups?
Posted By: Curlycord Re: CICS HG Ringing - 04/07/10 09:20 PM
or assign all lines to ring only to an unused port/dn, put an Answer DN key on all sets for that unsed DN.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: CICS HG Ringing - 04/07/10 09:30 PM
Didnt you answer your own question at the bottom of this post?
https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/8/t/005247.html
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help