atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: SGT Schwartz Elevator Phone - 04/13/10 11:17 AM
Im trying to work on the Elevator phone in one of the buildings Im responsible for and so far Ive toned it back to the switch (Option 11) and punched down to an available Analog TN. My question is how I would program the TN to work with the emergency phone (Box with speaker and button) in order to have it make an immediate call to a designated number/extension once "taken of the hook".
Posted By: Toner Re: Elevator Phone - 04/13/10 02:02 PM
That would be a hotdial, I don't remember exactly how to enter the info on a 500 TN but I think it's something like:
FTR HOT D 11 9NPANXXxxxx
Posted By: Crowtalks Re: Elevator Phone - 04/14/10 04:18 PM
The sequence for the FTR in a 500 is:

FTR: HOT D 4 2200

(4) would be the DN length of the target DN followed by
(2200) the target DN
Posted By: Crowtalks Re: Elevator Phone - 04/14/10 04:20 PM
I forgot to add, my example is for internal.

toners example would be for external.
Posted By: SGT Schwartz Re: Elevator Phone - 04/15/10 07:49 AM
Thanx guys! I'll try it...
Posted By: SGT Schwartz Re: Elevator Phone - 04/15/10 07:56 AM
While Im at it, how would it look for a Digital/IP?

Thanks for all the help guys, Im the Junior Telecom Tech for the MD Army National Guard and only have about 3 years experience (all on the job training) so any tips and tricks are greatly appreciated!
Posted By: noname Re: Elevator Phone - 04/15/10 10:21 AM
It wouldn't work seeing as the elevator phone is a analog device not digital.One think to think about if the line seems to lock up some of those elevator phones are designed for a C.O. line not PBX station and need positive disconnect .
Posted By: Crowtalks Re: Elevator Phone - 04/15/10 04:00 PM
On a digital or IP phone, you could assign a key to autodial different things. If you have a page trunk set as DN 60, you could assign:

Key 02 HOT D 2 60

Since a digital phone is a multi-key set, you have to designate which key will perform that function
Posted By: SGT Schwartz Re: Elevator Phone - 04/16/10 10:44 AM
Thanks noname but I did understand that lol...
And you too Crowtalks, I gotcha now...
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help