atcomsystems.ca/forum
Let me attempt to clearly describe this problem:

I'm running 4 POTS lines and 7 extensions off the main cabinet only. Apparently there is a new "feature" on the 6.0's that actively detects dial tone on the CO ports. If you go to grab CO port and there is no dial tone, the system immediately drops the call. The older releases never did this. However, when dial tone is connected (even for several minutes), it takes 0-2 tries before the call goes through. It’s very random. Sometimes, I can call out right away. Sometimes, I'll grab the line and it drops and I have to try a few times.

I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but I would imagine an end user could eventually complain. Out of 10 tries, I’d say the call would drop immediately 2 times. Note: Once the call is established, the system doesn’t drop the call. It is only when I initially try and grab the line. This problem happens whether I directly select the line or dial 9 as all lines are in pool A. This isn’t a restriction issue either.

I thoroughly checked all settings on the BCM and didn't see anything that was out of the ordinary. The issue is happening on all CO ports. The only thing that remained constant was the CO line I was using the lab.

I looked at the 6.0 release notes and didn't see anything. I would imagine a patch would fix this, I didn't see anything (probably because the release is too new). I'm contemplating asking the company I bought from for assistance or possible a replacement. This is the only 6.0 I've had my hands on.
I haven't touched 6.0 yet but maybe there time to wait for dial tone? If yes then time is to short.
Or turn that feature off.
Ok, perhaps it was POTS line I was using which had DSL on it. I tried another POTS and an dial tone simulator and I was able to dial the first time, everytime. I still don't think it's acceptable and hope Avaya released a patch.
You can't connect DSL line to the system without filter. To noisy.
It's filtered. The issue was only happening with that line, and I know it was good. Because that line was a DSL line, that's the only reason I can think it would cause trouble with this system. Again, the BCM shouldn't drop so quickly and it shouldn't take me a few tries to make an outbound regardless of any line that was plugged into it.
If it was only with THAT line, then frog the lines and see if it follows. If it does, then it is indeed the line and not the BCM.
What heppaned if you connect buttset to the line and Flash few times? If the same problem then line is no good if you can make a call every time then problem with port. Simple.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help