atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Lee-Tel Nortel MICS with Startalk VM - 02/23/11 08:30 AM
This is my first post on this forum. I am trying to program a Startalk to do the following- Delay ring during the day to voicemail (an overflow option when they are busy)and immediate ring to voicemail at night. During the day the caller is told to leave a msg if not an emergency but to call back if it is. At night they caller is given specific numbers to call in an emergency. I have had some success but there is one problem on the weekend. They are open 8 to 1 on saturday but closed the rest of the weekend. The way I have it set up they appear to get the day greeting even thought they are closed. I do not know how, if it is possible, to adjust the hours on a day by day basis in the voicemail system. I only see how to set when the morning, afternoon and evening time start/stop but it is in general and i need by the day. Sorry this is so long. (Lines are set to answer and using table 1 and greetings in the Startalk. Is there a better way?)
Posted By: jkinkler Re: Nortel MICS with Startalk VM - 02/23/11 10:23 AM
Send the calls to (1) mailbox (21/221) via call fwd after x am't of rings. within that box you can choose which greeting you want to turn on at your choosing. The "prime" greeting will be the "day" message and alt will be nite.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Nortel MICS with Startalk VM - 02/24/11 06:01 AM
Please tell us which software versions of equipment you have. Are you turning on ringing services at night?
Posted By: Lee-Tel Re: Nortel MICS with Startalk VM - 02/24/11 06:36 AM
Startalk 2.0.4L. Big Gray box. It is not a Flash, just an old boat anchor. Phone system 30BHG06 / NT7B53. I have not been back on site to try jkinkler suggestion yet. Was looking for a couple of options before returning. Right now I am using Table 1 with Greetings 1 and 2 playing either morning, noon, evening, closed. Calls ring on multiple phones right now. Would love to have the ability to have the calls go direct to a mailbox after 4-5 rings, and be able to hit a night button to always get the closed greeting.
Posted By: Lee-Tel Re: Nortel MICS with Startalk VM - 02/24/11 06:37 AM
Right now, during the day on the weekend even though they are closed they are getting the day greeting. As a work around, I showed them how to go and change the business open from Y to N. Not the best option at this time.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Nortel MICS with Startalk VM - 02/24/11 01:32 PM
You close at 1pm on Saturday - Set your Evening Start time for 1pm.
Sunday you are closed all day - Set your morning/afternoon/evening times all for 12:01am.
Posted By: Lee-Tel Re: Nortel MICS with Startalk VM - 02/24/11 02:00 PM
The system is an old version. I do not have the ability to set the different settings on a daily basis. If I am missing something I would love some help. I was told that you set that dail times thru the CCR tree but I can not do that in this version of software.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Nortel MICS with Startalk VM - 02/24/11 02:15 PM
Times are set in the AA TABLES - not the CCR trees.
It has been years of ages since I worked on a StarTalk, but I am pretty sure it has times, too.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Nortel MICS with Startalk VM - 02/24/11 02:58 PM
Jim's right; that's where to set the times.
Posted By: Lee-Tel Re: Nortel MICS with Startalk VM - 02/24/11 03:24 PM
Thanks. I will go onsite and try it tommorrow. It seems that I looked there before and while I can change the morning/afternoon/eve/closed times I do not think I had options for EACH day of the week. Maybe I need to hit another key or pay closer attention. I will update you in the AM. I am afraid that it is so old that I can not do it.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Nortel MICS with Startalk VM - 02/24/11 05:19 PM
Cheer up. With most of us, it's the other way around. :rofl:
Posted By: Lee-Tel Re: Nortel MICS with Startalk VM - 02/25/11 03:14 PM
I went back on site and checked the different program locations per the suggestions on this thread. No success. After review of the books that match the revision of Startalk that I have and newer books with the newer revisions of the Nortel voicmails I have determened that you can not control the hours on a daily basis in the voicemail version the customer has. I also did not want to use the voicemail box as suggested above as it did not go along with what the owner wanted. So, I spoke with them and showed them what the book was pushing which is Business Open/Close. They are going to do that on the weekend and they will keep it as it is for the rest of the week since that is working fine for them. Thanks for your suggestions though. I, as a Panasonic dealer, got an interesting education the older Nortel systems.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help