atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ZephyrLT Ringing Services MICS - 03/29/11 04:26 PM
We have a MICS running 7.1. I've been asked to make one phone ring for all 12 lines from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. We have no services active. I believe I need to set up service 4, 5, or 6 to be automatic for that time period. What is confusing me is what a "designated control set" is. Is this going to be the set I want to ring or the set I want to use Feature 871 on? Can they be the same set?

Also, if I turn on the ringing service will all 12 lines automatically start ringing there or is there another step.

Thanks,

CJ
Posted By: rich30529 Re: Ringing Services MICS - 03/29/11 04:35 PM
The control set allows the extension to control the service mode settings for particular lines, or sets.
Posted By: vad60 Re: Ringing Services MICS - 03/29/11 07:47 PM
You have to create Automatic Schedule and assign Ringing Group with those lines(usualy Gr.1) to ring at that Extension.
Posted By: ZephyrLT Re: Ringing Services MICS - 03/30/11 12:42 PM
Okay, thanks. These replies and finding the installer manual really help. Currently 221 is the default control set for lines and sets. The extension they want to ring is 223. If I want the user at 223 to be able to turn the ringing service on and off, do I need to make 223 the control set for lines or sets? If I make it automatic, do I even need to worry about the control sets?

Thanks,

CJ
Posted By: rich30529 Re: Ringing Services MICS - 03/30/11 02:01 PM
Originally posted by ZephyrLT:
If I want the user at 223 to be able to turn the ringing service on and off, do I need to make 223 the control set for lines or sets?

Thanks,

CJ
You are on the right track.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help