atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: LVDialer Transfer to External Phones - 04/20/11 02:26 PM
I have a call center customer with a Nortel MICS 6.1 Software and 80 Extensions. They also have an Asterisk VoIP PBX we use to route and digitally record calls. We are able to easily transfer from the VoIP PBX to the Nortel by doing call forwarding when the VoIP Extension is called and assigning a DID to the Nortel Extension.

I need an easy way to transfer the Calls from Nortel to the VoIP PBX.

We tried using a System Speed Dial to the VoIP Ext DID but the transfer function does not seem to like when FEATURE 0100 is used at time of transfer.

Can I utilize Call Forward on an inoperable Set/Extension and do an external call forward?

Can I use the CallPilot 100 to perform the transfer?

Any Suggestions?
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Transfer to External Phones - 04/20/11 08:45 PM
I would try using the CP to do that.
Set up for example a table-4/ccr-4 as transfer mode path 0. Then if you are doing auto transfer have AA answer that line. And if you want to manual transfer without dialing all the numbers, transfer to CCR-4. Of course you need to be set for Routing not Line Pool codes.
Posted By: LVDialer Re: Transfer to External Phones - 04/21/11 07:30 PM
Thanks! I will try the CP option. I tried setting up a live set/extension with Line Redirection (using Feature 84) to forward the call to the External Number.

The problem with the Line Redirect solution is that it only redirects on Incoming External calls to the extension. Line redirection doesn't appear to work when an internal call comes into the live extension.

Is there a setting that will allow an internal call to be redirected to the external number?
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Transfer to External Phones - 04/21/11 09:18 PM
Feature 4 ( Call Forward )
Posted By: LVDialer Re: Transfer to External Phones - 04/22/11 10:34 PM
When I forward to an external number with feature 4, and call from an Internal Extension, I am getting FORWARD DENIED error on the display.

MICS 7.0 Coordinator manual doesn't say much about this error.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Transfer to External Phones - 04/23/11 07:57 AM
If your routes and forwarding issues are not set up correctly it will not work.

If you don't know how to do this, you need to call a certified technician to help with this.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help