atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: AshtonW33 AA says Enter Last Name - 05/12/11 07:38 AM
Recently installed a MICS with Flash 2 vmail. It's for a law firm that has 5 attorneys with the same last name. I want to use first names when it goes to auto attendant. Currently the system says "Please enter persons last name". Can this be changed to say persons First Name?

I tried Feature 983, password, then 4 and looked for FName, LName, and Both but only showed Last Name and OK. No other options were available. I assume I was looking under the wrong feature.

Thanks in advance for the help with this problem.
Posted By: DMCSALES Re: AA says Enter Last Name - 05/12/11 08:10 AM
unfortunately on a flash voicemail you can only do last name. there is no way to change that.
The callpilot allows for first, last or both
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: AA says Enter Last Name - 05/12/11 08:20 AM
Do you let the "canned voice" say the greeting, or do you record in the greeting: "For directory press # "?

If you have to use first name, then get rid of the canned voice and record your own.
"For directory press # and then spell the first name (even though the next prompt says last name)."
Then enter names in mail boxes with Last for firstname and first for lastname.

Not very professional, but only other way is to upgrade to Call Pilot.
And since they are a bunch of Attorneys, they can afford it.

If there are not too many of them, you can also record the prompt:
For John Brown dial 225
For Steve Brown dial 233
For Henry Brown Dial 245
Posted By: AshtonW33 Re: AA says Enter Last Name - 05/12/11 08:31 AM
Thanks!

It's the "canned voice". Is there a feature to where you'd record your own then apply it?
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: AA says Enter Last Name - 05/12/11 08:46 AM
In your table - AA menu prompt. I record 1 second with the mute button on just to get rid of it.

But keep in mind once they press # you have no control over the next prompt that will say "Spell last name".
Posted By: DMCSALES Re: AA says Enter Last Name - 05/12/11 08:47 AM
I've never found a way to change the canned prompt. I have done both suggestions that ntlayoff mentioned and he's right about it not sounding very professional.
You can also build a CCR tree
For John Brown press 1
For Steve Brown press 2
For Henry Brown press 3
ETC
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help