atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: atvman1247 how to wire a bell in to an ata2 unit - 07/26/11 06:34 AM
i have read that i can wire a bell unit in to a ata2 unit which i plug in to my external ringer on my phone but i wasn't sure how i can connect the bell to the ata2 unit, any ideas??
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: how to wire a bell in to an ata2 unit - 07/26/11 06:43 AM
You buy a bell that works on a phone line or analog phone extension.
Example: https://www.wheelock-products.com/catalog/product/TB-593.aspx

Then it acts like an analog phone when plugged into the ATA2 unit. Then you make the ATA2 unit ring when a phone line rings or an extension rings.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: how to wire a bell in to an ata2 unit - 07/26/11 06:49 AM
Now if you are talking about the phone systems AUX RINGER, then you buy a ringing unit that works via a closed contact. Then wire that unit to the AUX RING port off the Norstar. Then make the phone line or extension ring the Aux ringer.

Just make sure you don't run high voltage or high Amps through the Aux Ring contacts.
Posted By: atvman1247 Re: how to wire a bell in to an ata2 unit - 07/27/11 01:05 AM
yes i want to use a ringer on the AUX RINGER but i cant find a "ringing unit" anywhere do you know where i could find one?
Posted By: atvman1247 Re: how to wire a bell in to an ata2 unit - 07/27/11 02:26 AM
dont worry ive got it to work now in my office but i cant get it to work on my other phone in the shop and i cant find out how to turn the aux port on or off
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help