atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Gator Tech PRI problem - 08/24/11 09:47 PM
I recently installed seperate PRI's on a BCM 400 Rls 4.0 and on a MICS Rls 7.0. Everything works fine on both except I can't get the operator position to get a 2nd incoming call on the same target line while she is on an existing call from the same target line. The second call does not ring or flash on her phone. I have her phone set up for 5 intercom buttons and the target line is set to "ring only". Shouldn't she be able to get multiple calls on the same target line? My tech support people say yes but can't tell me what's wrong. Help!!
Posted By: MooreTel Re: PRI problem - 08/25/11 02:50 AM
Check your CFB settings.
Posted By: Z-man Re: PRI problem - 08/25/11 06:30 AM
On operator positions, I always liked to assign the target lines to appear and ring. However, it really shouldn't matter. Like Mooretel said, check your CFB settings. Also, what is happening to the second call from the callers standpoint?
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: PRI problem - 08/25/11 03:38 PM
You probably have only 1 appearance for the taget line. You should change that to 2 or for an operator, maybe 4-8 depending on how busy she might get. If it is ring only then you also should match the same number of Intercom buttons. If it is A&R then it will take over on the buttons for same number of appearances.
Posted By: Gator Tech Re: PRI problem - 08/25/11 10:26 PM
Thanks guys for the response. The CFB is set to none. DND on busy is no. After I saw what was happening, I made a second phone in the adjacent copy room ring only also. The second call rings there until the AA picks it up. She can use the Group Pick UP to get it as well. The reason I am using ring only instead of appear & ring is they have too many DID #'s with different target lines assigned to her phone. Multiple appear & ring buttons is not feasible. So I went the ring only to multiple intercom button route. It should work but it doesn't.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: PRI problem - 08/26/11 07:58 AM
You can put extra appearances under that set/target line even though its ring only to intercoms no?
Meaning your intercoms will act like appearances since the target itself is not A&P.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: PRI problem - 08/26/11 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Curlycord:
You can put extra appearances under that set/target line even though its ring only to intercoms no?
Meaning your intercoms will act like appearances since the target itself is not A&P.
Yes, that is what my post says - 2 above yours.
Posted By: Gator Tech Re: PRI problem - 08/26/11 02:40 PM
Thanks NTlayoff and Curlycord. I didn't know you had to have multiple appearances on the target line for ring only. I thouht the multiple intercom buttons would do that. I'm sure that's what it is. Thanks again.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help