atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: teleco Call forward ? - 08/29/11 09:21 AM
Is there any way to call forward a live call off site thru a MICS or a Flash
Posted By: Toner Re: Call forward ? - 08/29/11 11:58 AM
I assume you're talking about call transfer, not call forward.

Yes, you can transfer a call to an offsite number as long as you have 4.1 or newer software and (I'm not 100% sure this part is required) program a route and routing code under services.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Call forward ? - 08/29/11 02:26 PM
If you have Centrex lines, you can also do a "Link", dial the party to send it to and wait for it to ring (or them to answer), then hang up.
Posted By: teleco Re: Call forward ? - 08/30/11 05:27 AM
The call is answered by auto attendant, the caller dials an extension and the caller is sent to an, off site, on call tech using a cell phone. I would call the call forward. Can it be done? Thanks
Posted By: Z-man Re: Call forward ? - 08/30/11 05:49 AM
Its actually a bit of both here. You forward an extension to an external number. When your caller dials the attendant and then dials the extension, that call is forwarded off site via the system using its trunk to trunk transfer feature. Keep in mind for the duration of the call, two trunks are used.
Posted By: teleco Re: Call forward ? - 08/30/11 01:22 PM
The rev level of the MICS is 1.1 and the call forward feature only prompts for a extension entry. So as Toner said I need a min 4.1 to forward off site?
Posted By: Z-man Re: Call forward ? - 08/30/11 07:56 PM
do you have redirect enabled? Yes, you need 4.1.

We have two threads on call forward, from two similar users.. is this you?
Posted By: teleco Re: Call forward ? - 09/02/11 07:07 AM
Thanks for the info. Looks like the software upgrade involves replacing the T1 cartridge holder or ram module with the a flash style holder to accept the 4.1 flash card and have to reprogram the whole system. I'll use a call diverter with a ATA.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help