atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Danny_Ocean "Link" for 3-Way Calling w/Transfer...? - 09/08/11 08:27 AM
It's been awhile since I've had to program this, however a client asked today how they can invoke the phone-company supplied feature, 3-Way Calling w/Transfer. They want to transfer inbound calls to an outside number.

This client is somewhat distant, so I don't want to drive all the way there just to program a Link button. I can instruct them how to do that over the phone. But...I want to be sure that's what they need.

Just like a Rolls-Royce mechanic, I'm a Nortel guy without a Nortel system to practice on!
Posted By: MooreTel Re: "Link" for 3-Way Calling w/Transfer...? - 09/08/11 09:05 AM
Nothing to program unless they don't have a link button.

Client hits "Link",
dials number for call to forwarded to,
let it ring (then disconnect if they don't want to be a party to conversation)
OR stay on line and converse with the two parties.
Got it. Yes, they have no link button.

Thanks!
Posted By: telemarv Re: "Link" for 3-Way Calling w/Transfer...? - 09/08/11 11:29 AM
Link is F71.
Posted By: ffej010 Re: "Link" for 3-Way Calling w/Transfer...? - 09/08/11 06:17 PM
Exactly as MooreTel says. Works perfectly...done it many times.
Tried it today. There was one extra step required:

Call Transfer

AT&T Call Transfer allows you to transfer any incoming call to another line.

To activate Call Transfer:

1.After you receive an incoming call on your line, press the switch hook/flash button briefly on your telephone; this places your caller on hold and gives you a dial tone to make a call.

2.Dial the third party's number; when the third party answers, you may speak privately to them.

3.Press the switch hook/flash button again to establish a three-way call.

4.Hang up your phone to disconnect from the call; the other two parties will remain on the line together, successfully completing the transfer .
I have follow the above directions for the link feature and when the originator of the link/conf drops outs the call ends. I have try this with Verizon FIOS, and Verzion POTS and it does not work. Any suggestion? Thanks
Posted By: MooreTel Re: "Link" for 3-Way Calling w/Transfer...? - 01/16/13 06:06 PM
If it doesn't work, it's your supplier's problem....not your. Just had the same issue this morning after client changed his lines to ones supplied by the cable company. Worked fine before so there's no question who's fault it is....

HIGHLY RECOMMEND using the link button and not the hookswitch. If no "Link" button on the phone, use F71.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help