atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda BCM 450 Speakerphones Cut Out - 09/21/11 01:15 PM
We upgraded our BCM400 to a 450 this summer. Not sure if that is related to this problem or not.

Several T7316e phones are having trouble when using the speaker phone function. When the speaker is on, it will cut out so the party at the speakerphone won't hear everything. I saw it happen myself. The room was quiet and the speaker was in and out. It's almost like the microphone was far too sensitive.

The phones that I've had complaints about are on different cards. Patches were up to date this summer, about July. Any thoughts on where to go next? Is there a new patch that might address this?

Thanks.
Jim
Posted By: sentrex1 Re: BCM 450 Speakerphones Cut Out - 09/21/11 05:51 PM
Lately i have been getting some t16's nib doing the same thing i replace with new set and it solved the problem try swapping sets
Posted By: Yoda Re: BCM 450 Speakerphones Cut Out - 09/22/11 07:12 AM
I can try swapping sets. But these are sets we've had for a while. Not like its a bunch of new ones that were a bad batch.

I forgot to mention that the problem happens with any speakerphone use: outside call, intercom call, listening to voicemail messages.

Jim
Posted By: sentrex1 Re: BCM 450 Speakerphones Cut Out - 10/09/11 05:55 PM
what kind of trunks do yoou have
Posted By: Yoda Re: BCM 450 Speakerphones Cut Out - 10/09/11 06:20 PM
PRI trunks.

Would the PRI make a difference between speakerphone use versus handset use?
Posted By: Yoda Re: BCM 450 Speakerphones Cut Out - 11/30/11 11:07 AM
Still having this problem on an intermentant basis. It even happened on our high end Crestron connection in the boardroom.

What would cause speakerphone operation to be different than any other connection?

????
Jim
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: BCM 450 Speakerphones Cut Out - 11/30/11 03:28 PM
Just for a test - put the MUTE on and see if it still cuts out - just to see if it is the MIC "hearing" too much noise.
Posted By: telemarv Re: BCM 450 Speakerphones Cut Out - 11/30/11 09:14 PM
You'll probably find if you back the volume off by a notch or two the problem will disappear. The mic picks up the sound from the speaker and switches to half duplex to xmit mode.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help