atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: flyer7777 Help M8X24ds - 11/09/11 01:29 PM
I have a NT5B20 M8 x 24.
On all of the desk sets M7319 the indicator (all 10)
arrows are blinking and the system is inoperative.
I powered down and re programed the system, it worked for a few minutes and went back into the same condition.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Help M8X24ds - 11/09/11 01:37 PM
Are you sure they are M7319 sets?? They should be M7208s, M7310s or M7324s. You should be programming from a M7310 if that's what you meant.

What is your software level? It may be so old that the farad capacitor won't retain the programming.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Help M8X24ds - 11/09/11 02:03 PM
The 8x24 hasn't been made since early to mid 90's. Time to call a tech...
Posted By: flyer7777 Re: Help M8X24ds - 11/09/11 02:50 PM
Originally posted by JWRacedog:
Are you sure they are M7319 sets?? They should be M7208s, M7310s or M7324s. You should be programming from a M7310 if that's what you meant.

What is your software level? It may be so old that the farad capacitor won't retain the programming.
That was a typo, the phones are 7310 and software DR3.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Help M8X24ds - 11/09/11 04:01 PM
Did you just buy this?? If you did, maybe you can get a DR5 cartridge that has a new capacitor in it from the people you bought the system from. They should stand by the system (most reconditioned systems have at least a 90 day warranty)and the system is really no good at all with a bad Farad Capacitor.

But, as nfcphoneman sez---you might have to get someone in there to troubleshoot. Otherwise, you may be buying parts that you may not need.
Posted By: telemarv Re: Help M8X24ds - 11/10/11 05:24 AM
If phones flash forever it's a software issue. Make sure it seated proerly.
Posted By: flyer7777 Re: Help M8X24ds - 11/10/11 07:34 AM
Originally posted by telemarv:
If phones flash forever it's a software issue. Make sure it seated proerly.
Posted By: flyer7777 Re: Help M8X24ds - 11/10/11 07:35 AM
It is seated properly.
The system was working fine, then my problem started.
Posted By: flyer7777 Re: Help M8X24ds - 11/10/11 07:39 AM
JW

I am the original owner of this system.
My problem is that we are moving in 2 weeks and have a phone system being installed at the new location.
I have to get this one up and running for the next 2 weeks.

Did you just buy this?? If you did, maybe you can get a DR5 cartridge that has a new capacitor in it from the people you bought the system from. They should stand by the system (most reconditioned systems have at least a 90 day warranty)and the system is really no good at all with a bad Farad Capacitor.

But, as nfcphoneman sez---you might have to get someone in there to troubleshoot. Otherwise, you may be buying parts that you may not need.
Posted By: flyer7777 Re: Help M8X24ds - 11/10/11 07:41 AM
If you think that it may be the capacitors in the software cart, would you have a source for those parts.

Posted By: jwooten Re: Help M8X24ds - 11/10/11 01:14 PM
Had a case five or six years ago with an 8x24 DR5 that crashed. I ordered a replacement with software. Tried the old software in the new cab with no joy. Tried the new software in old cab, still no joy. Replaced both the software and cab and the system is still running today!
Posted By: flyer7777 Re: Help M8X24ds - 11/12/11 02:23 PM
"Call a tech..."
What an original idea.
Did you come up with that on your own or did you consult someone?

Originally posted by nfcphoneman:
The 8x24 hasn't been made since early to mid 90's. Time to call a tech...
Posted By: flyer7777 Re: Help M8X24ds - 11/12/11 02:30 PM
Thanks JW

We replaced the 2 1.0 Farad 5.5v capacitors in the software cartridge.
smile This solved the problem.

© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help