atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ctc Call forwarding on DID on Norstar MICS - 11/16/11 06:14 PM
I have a customer who wants to call forward a DID (they have a PRI) to a outside number if not answered after 4 rings and when closed they want it to forward right away. Is there a way of doing this on the Norstar MICS and if so how ?
Thanks
I know some ways to do this, but not perfectly.

if the customer has a spare phone, you can place the DID on it, and forward it to a external number via call forward if your software is new enough (I think it is 4.1 or newer) that solves your "when it is closed issue"

If you need it forwarded after 4 rings, again if you have a spare phone, you can build a mailbox and I THINK you can set external call forwading on the mailbox to allow the call to go outside the switch, however that always raises the spectre of toll fraud.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Call forwarding on DID on Norstar MICS - 11/29/11 01:56 PM
Yes 4.1 and up

Express messaging if they have the right release of vmail.

If you have a RAD you can do a line redirect via the RAD.
Assign the DIDs to the RAD, then redirect them.
Set the phone ext to forward no answer after 4 rings to 9 and whatever number, and have the customer use the forward button on the phone at close to forward to the outside number. Make sure you redirect set to set.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help