atcomsystems.ca/forum
I recently received a system without a password. I did a level one reset to get the passwords set to default. I can login with the business element manager software but all the licensing is gone.
I tried to get the license codes for the system but "KRS" is now apart of Avaya as Nortel went bankrupt.The problem I am having with it probably explains the bankruptcy part. However, I would like to get the license codes that were purchased for it. I have the SID or ID for the system but I am not a nortel reseller and cannot get the keycodes. Is there a low cost way of getting the keycodes back?
Be it the old Nortel site or now Avaya site you need to be an authorized vendor for KRS access.

You need to contact an authorized local Avaya vendor to quote you.

They also will need to do a DOR - Distributor Of Record change.
Originally posted by fixing My pc:
Is there a low cost way of getting the keycodes back?
No. You must purchase new keycodes. In the future, write down the keycodes with a Sharpie inside the system cover.
Curlycord's suggestion IS the "low cost" way - you'll just have to pay the vendor for their time to send you the license file, probably an hour or two.
I use a Brother P-Touch labeler to store codes on the KSU and then put them in a company Pendaflex file called "Telephone System" in case there is a fire in the phone room and the KSU is burned.

If the whole building is burned, they won't put in another Norstar.
Originally posted by Curlycord:
Be it the old Nortel site or now Avaya site you need to be an authorized vendor for KRS access.

You need to contact an authorized local Avaya vendor to quote you.

They also will need to do a DOR - Distributor Of Record change.
You know the workaround for Distributor of Record change without calling them, right? I won't post in public; PM if you want to know.
Thanks for the responses. I will most likely sell the system on ebay. I do not like to pay a ransom for my own information.
Well then!

Most systems these days have key codes and as always a password.

So you are going to sell it for the sake of $100.00?
Then sell your problem on Ebay?

You asked for a LOW COST!! I gave you one, now you call it a "ransom".

Good grief!!!!!!
Plus....a used BCM50 isn't worth much WITH keycodes....not sure about your area but you would be lucky to get $100 for it here.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help