atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MC Fisher CICS - 07/21/12 07:24 AM
I installed a Nortel CICS in my church several years back and last week while I was on vacation (of course) the staff came in to find it flashing. I have seen a couple of things indicating it might be the cabinet, software, power supply or possibly even the power supply on the Call Pilot. The phones start flashing as soon as I plug it in.
NT7B58AAAN Rel. 03
NT7B75AAAJ Rel. 02
NT7B66EF Rel. 03
Posted By: MooreTel Re: CICS - 07/21/12 09:24 AM
If it's all the phones that are flashing, you can try disconnecting the Call Pilot, but I doubt it. Most likely you'll need to change the cabinet.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: CICS - 07/21/12 09:26 AM
Time to upgrade to IP Office Nortel version, works great.
Posted By: Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie Re: CICS - 07/21/12 09:11 PM
You've got 7.1 software, the latest there is, that is nothing to throw away for an Avaya.

If it were me, I would power down, remove the dial tone cards, remove the software card and power up for a minute. Then power down, insert the software card and power up and see if you can make an intercom call. If so, power down, insert a dial tone card on the right and power up and see if you have any dial tones and can make a call.

If not, power down, swap with the other dial tone card and power up and see if that works.

This is less than 5 minutes of testing, not a big deal.

Most likely you do not have a REALLY good surge protector, I don't make a commission, but EFI in Utah makes the best ones I know of, NOT expensive and clamps 2500 volts at 2500 amps in one millionth of second, every system should have one.

If you like PM me with your phone number and I will walk you through trouble shooting, much cheaper than a new Avaya and I'm sure your church can use the money.
Posted By: MC Fisher Re: CICS - 07/22/12 08:42 PM
Thanks guys. I will try some of your suggestions tomorrow and let you know.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: CICS - 07/23/12 06:07 AM
"The phones start flashing as soon as I plug it in"

Soon as you plug what in?

When you reboot the phone system via power then all phones will flash for a few minutes then time and date will kick in so be aware of this when testing.
Posted By: MC Fisher Re: CICS - 07/23/12 05:33 PM
Nothing good. She's dead. It flashes with everything out/disconnected, with just software, with cards, Call Pilot, amphenols,surge protectors... May she serve the melting pots in India well.
Posted By: MC Fisher Re: CICS - 07/23/12 05:39 PM
Thanks Curlycord. The power. I let it sit, phones flashing, with each new test for about 20 minutes.
Posted By: Alvaphonepro Re: CICS - 07/24/12 04:36 PM
Buy a refurb. cabinet. You should be able to use your software and LSDS card/cards. Cheap way out.
Posted By: Jeff E Re: CICS OLD THREAD SAME PROBLEM (FOR ME) - 08/13/14 04:50 PM
I disconnected power, removed line cards:
NT5B41GB-93
NT7B75AAAE

And removed SW card ver 7.0

reinstalled SW card, and I have IC
reinstalled Line cards, now when I select a line, I get a BT

is this cabinet bad?

TIA (this is at our fire hall)

Jeff
Posted By: MooreTel Re: CICS - 08/13/14 06:45 PM
Sounds like it. Like you were told above, get a refurbished KSU.

Being for a fire hall, I'd damn well have it fixed the same day! WTF
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: CICS - 08/13/14 10:25 PM
Jeff...start a new topic instead of tagging on to a two year old post. Lots of folks don't look at old posts and you'll get better results with new posting.
Posted By: Jeff E Re: CICS - 08/13/14 10:56 PM
I used the search, my symptoms were the same, I thought it would help with 'diagnosis'.

I clearly marked the heading of my new post of an old thread.

Too bad my previous post was deleted. It was funny !
Posted By: Jeff E Re: CICS - 08/13/14 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by MooreTel
Sounds like it. Like you were told above, get a refurbished KSU.

Being for a fire hall, I'd damn well have it fixed the same day! WTF

I'd damn well have it fixed the same day! WTF

Sorry MooreTel I'm not the profound professional that you are, I'm just a volunteer fireman.

I'd damn well WTF

Jeff

Posted By: MooreTel Re: CICS - 08/13/14 11:38 PM
No offense meant, but being a Fire Hall, I would think the telephone system would be a MUST-HAVE.
Posted By: Jeff E Re: CICS - 08/13/14 11:53 PM
No offense meant, but being a Fire Hall, I would think the telephone system would be a MUST-HAVE.

I have deployed the 'power failure' sets and ordered a cabinet.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: CICS - 08/14/14 12:52 AM
"I clearly marked the heading of my new post of an old thread."

And how many threads followed suit? None. This is why a new thread aids in search function.
Posted By: Jeff E Re: CICS - 08/15/14 04:48 PM
..... sigh
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: CICS - 08/15/14 10:38 PM
Heavy sigh. Some folks just don't get it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help