atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Pink Nortel t7316e - Caller ID Display - 07/30/12 01:43 PM
Hoping someone can help. I cannot find this information anywhere.

My phone displays in the window who is calling (sometimes a name, sometimes a number) before I pick it up. The phones in our other offices here do not. How do I get this same display to show on their phones? They can only see the name or number AFTER they've picked up the line... which doesn't work so well if you're trying to screen calls.

I thought maybe it was something we could get through our service provider, Comcast, but they said it must have something to do with the phone itself.

I've gone through the user's manual and have googled endlessly, but have not turned up anything useful or applicable to my situation.

Can anyone help? Thanks!
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Nortel t7316e - Caller ID Display - 07/30/12 02:08 PM
They need to be properly programmed in the system.. You need "Installer" access or "System Coordinator" access to do it.

Before you ask, no, we do not supply passwords. Contact your system vendor. Simple task for him/her.
Posted By: ffej010 Re: Nortel t7316e - Caller ID Display - 07/30/12 08:53 PM
Also depends on what software version your system is at. Older software will only display CID info as the call is ringing on the prime set for that particular line.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Nortel t7316e - Caller ID Display - 07/31/12 05:35 AM
If you have newer software then each phone can be programmed for CallerID-YorN and each can show name or number first.
While waiting for a knowledgeable tech, you can use Feature 811 to get the info before you answer.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: Nortel t7316e - Caller ID Display - 08/01/12 08:32 AM
Set must have line (appear & ring) appearances for CID to work, unless call has been transferred from a set (or VM) that already has captured the CID. However, as MooreTel has suggested, this isn't a "DIY" task. You will require the services of an experienced installer.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Nortel t7316e - Caller ID Display - 08/01/12 09:57 AM
Aggreed...Are you the receptionist?

You need 6.1 software or up to allow more than one phone for instant Caller ID.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help