atcomsystems.ca/forum
At our school we are currently using a Nortel Nordstar-PLUS Modular ICS Model nt7b53fa-93

Currently we have four analog lines, but have contracted 10 digital lines from Telmex (the Mexican AT&T).

Our installer is telling us because we are in Mexico an E1 capable module must be installed and programmed to be able to connect to the digital lines.

His quote for the kit for doing this is $xxx + an additional $xxx dollars for installation.

Are there alternatives to this - Is this something that we could do ourselves by buying parts in the US and doing the installation ourselves, or is this something we need to spend close to $6000 to get working correctly?

Our system currently supports 4 analog lines feeding 48 extensions. We also currently need to add one more 16-line extension card for an expansion we are doing.

Let me know if you need any additional info to answer and thanks for your help!

Please do not quote pricing
Wow! I'm moving to Mexico. For those prices, you can fly me to Mexico and I'll install it for you...hopefully you're in Cabo, Mazatlan or Monterey.

Not sure about E1, as that's a European standard, but T1 is what we use here. That requires a digital trunk card and, if subscribing to PRI, PRI software. Or, you can use a router (e.g. Adtran) that converts the digital signal to analog. You cross-connect that to your analog cards and you're good to go.

So...I don't know if a 'Merican T1 digital card works with E1, but perhaps someone else here knows.
Ive done this many of times for Maquilas in Mexico. PM me and maybe we can work something out.
R2MFC card for E1
Originally posted by Curlycord:
R2MFC card for E1
Whats the part number for Mics? I only see it for the BCM.
Originally posted by Curlycord:
R2MFC card for E1
Whats the part number for Mics? I only see it for the BCM.
NT7B25AAAB
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help