atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MMcDonald01 Nortel PRI codes. Are they going away - 12/12/12 01:36 AM
I just ordered 2 PRI codes for 2 seperate customers. My vendor who I have used for years told me that the Company he gets the codes from said this may be the last ones they will issue.

Has anyone else heard this? We all knew that Avaya may one day quit supporting the product. Is this accurate? Do we have any options?
If they do stop there should be plenty of used 0x32 cabinets cheap with PRi codes in them, have you tried looking for them?
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Nortel PRI codes. Are they going away - 12/12/12 04:31 PM
There is no other options but there are other vendors.

You will be lucky to by a MICS with a key code in it since a lot of labs wipe everything out for resale.

Posted By: jwooten Re: Nortel PRI codes. Are they going away - 12/12/12 08:11 PM
Yes, but is this going to happen? There's a real possibility I'll be doing one in January.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Nortel PRI codes. Are they going away - 12/12/12 08:31 PM
Is what going to happen?

PRI codes are already harder and harder to get, hence this post.

Even some BCM auth codes are hard to find let a lone Norstar that is 15 years older.
Posted By: Yoda Re: Nortel PRI codes. Are they going away - 12/13/12 01:25 PM
Does this apply to keycodes in general? When Nortel/Avaya or whoever eventually stops doing the keycodes and authorizations, won't someone hack the system, find out how it's done and go from there? Maybe it will become some sort of open source system :-)
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Nortel PRI codes. Are they going away - 12/13/12 03:14 PM
I cant tell exactly which key codes but Norstar no doubt is almost all dried up and some BCM's are hard to find.

People have already tried to hack the systems and probably still try.

BCM has Open Source files for download.

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help