atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ffej010 CCR on CallPilot - 01/21/14 10:25 PM
I have a customer who has a MICS (v6 software) and a CallPilot (v3 software). They have an afterhours AA that plays which directs callers to a CCR which gives callers the option to press 1 for employee A's vmail, 2 for employee B's voicemail, etc. Well they now have more than 8 employees that they would like to list in the CCR, but I cannot add more than 8 entries in the CCR node. Are there any workarounds to this?

They are hesitant of using the company directory option as not every caller who calls in knows the last name of all the employees that are listed, and they are not sure if they want to record that option or not. Looking for suggestions. Thanks.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: CCR on CallPilot - 01/21/14 11:00 PM
No problem. In lieu of the way you're doing it, make a "Menu" for leaving voicemails, then sub-divide it as/if needed.
Posted By: ffej010 Re: CCR on CallPilot - 01/21/14 11:20 PM
Can you elaborate on making a Menu a bit? Not sure if I am following what you suggest. In my thinking, a menu will leave me where I was at in the first place, where I am limited to 8 entries.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: CCR on CallPilot - 01/22/14 12:14 AM
There is a setting in Callpilot for the directory to go by either first name, last name or both.

CCR was not really designed for individuals as you are wanting it, that's what company directory is for.

You could however do say PATH 1 as a MENU and record as:
For Joe Blow press 222, Jane Doe 223 and so on.
You maybe required to first press * then the DN, I forget.....test it.

Note that this trick is not a true MENU which means an "Incomplete Tree".
PATH 1 is a MENU and expects another single digit entry (Path) but you have no further PATH's programmed.
To fool it create PATH 18 and have it do anything you want, I TRSF to reception usually.

This way the Tree will then be "Complete"

Posted By: ffej010 Re: CCR on CallPilot - 01/22/14 12:17 AM
Ok, I think I follow what you are saying now. That makes sense, and I never thought about approaching it that way. I will give it a test and see if that will work for me.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: CCR on CallPilot - 01/22/14 12:30 AM
I will guess at what Dave (MooreTel) was saying.

For Sales press 1, Service press 2, Accounting press 3

Then in path 1 say:
For Joe press 1, John press 2, Sally press 3.

Then in path 2 say:
For Mary press 1, Henry press 2.

Then in path 3 say:
For Susan press 1, Mary Beth press 2.

Hope you can figure it out from there.
Posted By: Ken B Re: CCR on CallPilot - 01/23/14 02:13 PM
It sounds like trying to use the single digit dialing of the CCR tree is what is hanging you up - why not just list names and extension numbers for the caller to dial in the greeting - that way they'll know the extension number for next time & not have to wait through the whole directory list & tie up a port on the CallPilot while doing so
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help