atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel 824 line pool - 02/25/14 01:12 AM
hi guys i had a customer call and they got an 824 from someone else. well bad caps in the software and when power goes off they loose programing. i had to go program it for them. they want it to get an unused line when they go off hook. i used a pool and when they go off hook they get the highest line in the pool. the lady says before they lost programing it would start with line one. can it be in a pool and give line one first if its not being used, and if its used go to line two rather than starting at the highest line. thanks dave
Posted By: MooreTel Re: 824 line pool - 02/25/14 01:55 AM
Sure, just reverse the lines on the KSU & program accordingly.
Posted By: Yoda Re: 824 line pool - 02/25/14 03:35 AM
Maybe her set had prime line set to line 1, not a pool line. Otherwise it wouldn't happen like she said it did if all lines were in the pool.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: 824 line pool - 02/25/14 04:43 AM
Suggest to tell them the programming was incorrect to begin with perhaps and explain inbound works down and out works up.

Line maybe lines were moved with F*81 and relabeled.

Posted By: davetel Re: 824 line pool - 02/25/14 06:51 AM
thanks for the good ideas. im going to call them tomorrow. dave
Posted By: kjwiewall Re: 824 line pool - 02/26/14 04:10 AM
Explain to them that you don't want it grabbing the first line because they may up accidentally answering an incoming call. This is normally the best way unless they are calling customers cell phones and those people call back the caller ID
Posted By: MooreTel Re: 824 line pool - 02/26/14 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by kjwiewall
...This is normally the best way unless they are calling customers cell phones and those people call back the caller ID

The client should have their provider set out-bound CLID to the main number for all lines used for telephone anyway.
Posted By: davetel Re: 824 line pool - 02/27/14 08:38 PM
i will suggest that. they have at&t. i didnt know at&t could do that. thanks dave

Posted By: NTlayoff Re: 824 line pool - 02/28/14 01:33 PM
Around here:

AT&T won't do that even if you want it.

Verizon will do that even if you don't want it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help