atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bditech Nortel cics - 03/07/14 04:59 PM
I installed a line card and wanted line buttons in order. They went from 4 to 6 lines line 5 went in above the line 4 ok but line 6 went to button 6 right beside the line 5. I blanked the button above line 5 and did a *81 to move line 6 to that button and it said invalid button or something of that nature. Now these are the T7316e phones on the system. Was there systems that you couldn't move lines to where you wanted them. Sorry don't have the software info. They told me it was put in around 6 years ago. We can redo the templates but would like know this for future reference.
Thanks for any help.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Nortel cics - 03/07/14 06:54 PM
Sounds like your software version is below 6.1
Your T7316e phone will act like a M7310 phone.
Only the bottom 5 buttons on each side can be line buttons.

If your move line does not work ( now that you know you can only use the BOTTOM 5 of each side ) then delete all lines on that phone, get out of programming. Then get back in and add lines in order that you want. If you want to add lower line number below a higher number then you need to get out of programming before adding the lower number. Then get back in.
Posted By: bditech Re: Nortel cics - 03/07/14 07:02 PM
So if I check the software and its below 6.1 it wont work with 6 buttons on one side.
thanks
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Nortel cics - 03/07/14 09:03 PM
That's right.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help