atcomsystems.ca/forum
Greetings all, I have a Compact ICS here with a bad software card (won't boot with their card but boots and makes calls with my 10.1 test card). I'm trying to figure out what kind of card I would need to get to insure that they're not loosing any features. The card says "CICS-RIP 4.1 S/W WI6.04". Also if anyone on here has a SW card they'd sell I'd appreciate a PM. I'm trying to figure out what our options are to get this customer's unit fixed without going over cost. Thanks for any help.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: norstar plus compact ics software card - 04/03/14 03:41 PM
10.1 Test Card??? What is that?

But anyway........
You cannot just switch out s/w cards one version to another.

You need to go through an Upgrade procedure.
OR - you need to default the system then put in the next card.
That may be why it won't boot up.

Not saying that the 4.1 is good.
But it might work if installed properly.
10.1 is the software level of my test card, "NA-CICS-DR2.0 STANDARD S/W WI 10.1".

I've seen it work with two different software cards (my test one and a "NA CICS 4.0 STND W/IRAD S/W V4.12" card from another system), but if I had to guess the supercap is probably bad and its "defaulting" itself every time the power is removed.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: norstar plus compact ics software card - 04/03/14 04:27 PM
The latest s/w version for CICS is 7.1

NA-CICS-DR2.0 STANDARD S/W WI 10.1 = DR2.0 or version 2.0

If your cap is bad and it is defaulting, then your s/w card should boot up. If not - then you are correct it is probably bad.
PM sent.
Thanks for the info. I found a 4.2 card (CICS-S 4.2 S/W WI 06.00). Is there a significant difference between this and the software that was originally in it? Sorry for my ignorance, I'm a bench tech who usually just has to worry about hardware.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: norstar plus compact ics software card - 04/03/14 06:37 PM
No difference in features as it is same as 4.1, just some fixes were added to the 4.2.

Thanks.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help