atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MEM5449 Hunt Group call won't go to voice mailbox - 04/08/14 07:25 PM
Have a hunt group setup that rings 2 phones (x227,x222) and then should go to a voice mailbox 222 but instead it goes to auto attendant main menu (after ringing the phones). I am new to this system (BCM 2.0) and assume it CAN do the fore mentioned function. Any ideas? Thx.

BTW, wasn't able to attach screenshot of hunt group programming (105k). PM me if you would like the file.
You cannot forward a HG to an individual mailbox however you can create a mailbox that is the same DN as the HG, it will then dump into it.
Forward No Answer the HG to the DN of Callpilot.

You also could try to send the HG to DN 222 on Queue time out....it would then ring only 222 then dump to MB222

CurlyCord,
Thanks for the reply. Before my initial post, I had tried what you suggested in second part of your answer (above) and I expected the Nortel to send the call back to DN222 and EVENTUALLY end up in mbx 222. Instead it just bounces back to the auto attd menu after the overflow timer expires.

Any suggestions on how to fix that? BTW, do you know how to attach screenshots to posts? This board seems to only support really tiny attachments. Would like to be able to show how HG is programmed. Thx.
Posted By: Ken B Re: Hunt Group call won't go to voice mailbox - 04/11/14 12:25 PM
You can't use a hunt group member as the overflow - you will need to use another DN as the overflow and voicemail.
Pretty sure you can Ken
Try Queue time out 15 seconds and that CFNA is 4 or more rings.

Posted By: Ken B Re: Hunt Group call won't go to voice mailbox - 04/11/14 08:11 PM
You're right Curly - I was thinking Call Center, not Hunt Groups!! it probably is a timer conflict.
Curly,
I have overflow set for 15sec and the CFNA on DN222 is 4 rings. When I call the HG, it rings the phones then after o-flow timer expires the system plays something like 'the person you tried to reach is unavailable' and then immediately starts playing the auto attd menu the caller originally came from.

I'm stumped. Any further ideas.
Ah ha, it's working now. Thanks for the tip NTlayoff. TCB and DRT timers were set at 6-rings. I changed them to 12-rings. Now calls end up in mbx 222 (after HG) as desired. Just wish it didn't take 6 rings. Oh well, I can live with that if they can. Don't think they can live with CFNA being less than 3 rings so I guess it's as fast as its gonna get.
Good sstuff
FYI
You could create a seprate mailbox with the same DN as the HG and overflow to Callpilots DN
Then calls after 15 secons will dump into that mailbox.

227 or 222 can check every so often or you can setup Off prem Notify to Internal to maybe the DN of the HG.
Something I think that works on different versions....cant recall.

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help