atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: sentrex1 converting 1 fl's - 08/06/14 06:36 PM
i have 2 pri on a system and i want to convert 8 1fl's to ldn into the megalink,will this give me the option to have that line appear at several extension's
i don't want these to be did's i need them to be able to put that line on hold and pick it up from another set
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: converting 1 fl's - 08/07/14 12:09 AM
Not sure which Nortel you have so I'll go out on a limb and guess it's an MICS. Leave them as 1FLs and put them on 2 4 port CLID cards. You may have to add an 0X8 module and card to make this happen though.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: converting 1 fl's - 08/07/14 12:54 AM
Sorry - I am not sure what you are meaning by 1fl's.

I will guess at something - if wrong just ignore this.

You have a group of people that all need to answer one DID number on a PRI. But you want to put a call on hold and have another phone pick it up. Then use the SWCA (System Wide Call Appearance). That turns a PRI Target line into a Combo of Park and Hold.
Put Target line xxx to show on all phones (any number of appearances as you need). Then make a number of SWCA buttons. They will be labeled Call 1, Call 2 - etc...
Call rings in on DID Number, all phones ring. First one grabs line and it is for Sally. Push Call 1 button.
Now you can Page, Yell, Intercom, or Voice Call. Sally you have a call on Park 1 (or whatever you want to call it).
Posted By: sentrex1 Re: converting 1 fl's - 08/07/14 01:01 AM
that's awesome yes in better term i wanted the did to appear at all sets sorry (1fl's)here in the north is a business pots line telco call's it a 1 fl.
i always wondered what swca did never had to use it,will come in handy,cause i have 8 pots lines at $70 per month that i will convert them in my pri
Thanks guy's
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: converting 1 fl's - 08/07/14 01:11 AM
Been a while since I did a MICS PRI...forgot about SWCA. Doohh!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help