atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Scotty Woods Nortel Call Pilot Issue - 08/20/14 09:51 PM
First off, we don't typically install Nortel, so i am fairly unfamiliar with them, so if this is a simple issue, I apologize. I am a Comdial/Vertical installer. Anyway, I have a customer that insisted on a Nortel ICS O X32 install from us back in 2006. It has worked flawlessly until last week. He called and said line 1 was not working. I checked it and line 1 is shorted in the cabinet. He has spare line inputs, so I moved the line to an unused input and programmed accordingly and left. All was good (I thought). Customer called back a couple of days later and said that after 6 rings, the voice mail picks up and plays a general mailbox greeting. Before it would play a greeting for box 221. I have slept since the original install and I can not figure out how to either re record the general mailbox greeting, or make the calls go to box 221. What am I missing?
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Nortel Call Pilot Issue - 08/20/14 10:09 PM
Are you sure the calls are going to the General Delivery MB? Most likely someone has changed their CFNA setting to a number of rings lower than the AA is set for.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Nortel Call Pilot Issue - 08/20/14 10:32 PM
I will go out on a limb with this answer.
Just guessing. so don't get mad if this is not the correct answer.

Line 1 when working was answered by Auto Attendant.
You moved line 1 down to a line number that was not programmed to be answered by AA.
So CFNA is taking over and sending it to someones mail box.
Posted By: ffej010 Re: Nortel Call Pilot Issue - 08/21/14 03:26 AM
I agree w/ NTlayoff. Sounds like the AA needs to be reprogrammed to answer the new line.
Posted By: Scotty Woods Re: Nortel Call Pilot Issue - 08/22/14 12:54 PM
Thanks guys, The AA is not being used. The voice mail is strictly for answering calls that go unanswered, like after 6 rings. I agree that it may be an issue with line 1, but, it is doing the same on all lines. The reason i am saying general mailbox is because the message that is played says, "You have reached the General Mailbox, please leave a message" I think it is simply a matter of making box 221 answer the call?
Also, when I moved the line, I copied line 1 programming to line 32.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Nortel Call Pilot Issue - 08/23/14 07:00 PM
Is line 5 programmed to any other sets that interfere? private then back to
Posted By: Centennial Telecom Re: Nortel Call Pilot Issue - 08/25/14 08:35 AM
Set operator for line 5 to x221
Posted By: Scotty Woods Re: Nortel Call Pilot Issue - 02/16/15 02:41 PM
Do you guys ever have one of those "DUH, I am so stupid moments?" I do, all too often. My problem was that a station had been set to CFNA to voice mail that does not have voice mail. Apparently, when this happens, it goes to the General Mailbox Greeting. I am almost too ashamed to post this, but I hate when someone figures something out and doesn't share.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help