atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phonedog 824 backup - 09/02/14 05:43 PM
Hello,
I have a customer with a large 824 DR3 system. I have replaced it a few times and have always been able to reuse the data cartridge. I would love to back it up and have obtained a RAD (not a fast rad) and have a link to the NRU software. Im quite familiar with programming the 824.. its just that I would like to have the backup so I dont have to recreate whats currently programmed (if it ever fails) since I have not kept track of changes over the years.
Any words of wisdom?

Thanks! Steve
Posted By: phonedog Re: 824 backup - 09/02/14 05:51 PM
I just downloaded the NRU and I see its NRU11. It looks like its for the ICS..will this work for 824?

Posted By: phonedog Re: 824 backup - 09/02/14 07:48 PM
Well, Im getting there. XXXXXXXX does work. I can view and change the system ID now. So Im on to trying the NRU11 software.. will report back.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: 824 backup - 09/02/14 08:01 PM
Never tried any backup or RAD for the 8x24.

If it works, then you are on the right track to get your backup.
Posted By: phonedog Re: 824 backup - 09/02/14 08:04 PM
I can connect but get message "You are connected to system UNKNOWN. Backup and restore tool not usable (or something like that). So Im guessing that means NRU11 doesnt work on 824. Will keep investigating.
Posted By: phonedog Re: 824 backup - 09/02/14 08:15 PM
Think I need Norstar Manager. Any advice?
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: 824 backup - 09/02/14 08:26 PM
Again - have not tried it.
But you may want to try the Norstart Voice mail Manager instead of the NRU.
Posted By: phonedog Re: 824 backup - 09/02/14 08:45 PM
I can connect and make program changes with NRU11 but still cant do backup/restore. Im encouraged by being able to make changes. Cant locate solid advice about Norstar Manager.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: 824 backup - 09/02/14 09:18 PM
I never tried to backup an 8x24. Don't think you can. I just give the client the option of paying me to make a paper copy of ALL programming now, or pay me MORE later when the system crashes.

In your case, I would talk the client into giving me access to get all the info from programming and upgrade to at least DR5.

Sooner or later that system will crash and when it does, without documentation and constant interruption from everyone wanting THEIR phone done next.

Went through that with an 8x24 DR5 AND Flash VM 2 months ago. Because I wasn't kept current with all their changes and them using "Relocation" it took TWO DAYS to get everything changed and programmed. Do the math at "Time & 1/2" for two days. Well worth paying you to document the system NOW.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help