atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JK Kuma 8x24 Pots residential line - 08/30/16 04:24 PM
Hi All, I recently acquired a 8x24 from a functional environment and wanted to set it up in my apartment. Currently from my provider I only have a basic single pots line coming in which is fine for me. However, when i terminate line 1 all I get is no dial tone. Any reason why this is?
Posted By: kjwiewall Re: 8x24 Pots residential line - 08/30/16 06:22 PM
Check the other line ports and do you get intercom dialtone
Posted By: Curlycord Re: 8x24 Pots residential line - 08/30/16 06:31 PM
What pair number/colour did you use for the line?
What number in programming did you assign to the set?
Posted By: JK Kuma Re: 8x24 Pots residential line - 08/30/16 09:39 PM
i used the 1st pair (White blue/blue), i get a intercomm dial tone. I haven't done any programming from what was set up in the previous environment. It was pulled from a functional set up. Forwhatever reason the 7324 device doesn't recognize any of the soft keys when i use extension 21. I only have 1 7324 and the rest are 7208.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: 8x24 Pots residential line - 08/30/16 10:01 PM
You need to program the line then.
If you are not sure how to program then you need to call in a tech or read the manual.

" Forwhatever reason the 7324 device doesn't recognize any of the soft keys when i use extension 21"
What does that mean?
Softkeys are the 3 keys under the display of the M7324.
Posted By: JK Kuma Re: 8x24 Pots residential line - 08/30/16 10:30 PM
on the 7324, i can't push the intercomm button for instance or any of the other buttons on that side. I can call that phone from another extension but other than that nothing happens say when i push line 1 or intercom.

I'll investigate programming the line...what would it need to be changed to?
Posted By: JK Kuma Re: 8x24 Pots residential line - 08/30/16 11:00 PM
i found in our old scrap pile at work a 7310 i may use to try and program with.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: 8x24 Pots residential line - 08/31/16 12:29 AM
Any 2 line display which has the 3 softkeys under the display can be used for programming.

An example is program Line 1 (001) to X21 to Appear and Ring or Ring only.

You wont get training in forums so best to start reading.
Posted By: kevinlms Re: 8x24 Pots residential line - 08/31/16 05:00 AM
Originally Posted by JK Kuma
on the 7324, i can't push the intercomm button for instance or any of the other buttons on that side. I can call that phone from another extension but other than that nothing happens say when i push line 1 or intercom.

I'll investigate programming the line...what would it need to be changed to?

Sounds like the RHS strip of keys is faulty, if nothing happens at all when pressed. Sometimes happens when drinks are spilt on them. Try another phone.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help