atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Not_sirius CCR TREES - 12/04/16 08:02 AM
I got sent on an old Norstar Voicemail. I’m having trouble getting the CCR trees to do what the customer wants. I've got 2 issues.

Under tree 1
Greeting points to Departments using paths 1-8

These go to the 2nd level menus with paths to choose ext transfer point.

I got to here but can only record a greeting. I can’t find where to give the 2nd level paths their 1-8 destinations. Am I missing something.

The other thing where I’m stuck is offsite transfer.

I would like to be able avoid DB loss of bridged lines and use an external transfer to send the call via Comcast instead, but can’t find an external flash option.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: CCR TREES - 12/04/16 12:38 PM
Greetings don't point anywhere, its just a greeting.
Question is....where does paths 1-8 point too?

To point a Path as a Transfer then select OTHER to see it when creating the Path.
You can try to use link transfer by using #52 to enter special characters
Dial string should look like #PXXXXXXXXXX
# is the Flash/Link and P is the Pause
This is noted in the Flash Nortel Flash Voicemail Set Up And Operations guide

Posted By: Not_sirius Re: CCR TREES - 12/04/16 07:25 PM
Thanks for responding, Curlycord

I understand the greeting is only the front end but while playing, you are in a spot that allows you to use the selector paths to xfr or info or menu. What I am stuck on is after the top level menu if I use selector path 1 to go to another below menu I do not see where to enter selector paths for xfring from that lower menu.

EG.
top level
Thanks for calling bibs tow. For repairs press 1
When you press 1
You've reached repairs for tom press 3
which XFRs to his extension.

On the top level I set selector path 1 to menu. Here it allows me to record but I do not see where to enter paths for this level like I did on the top level.

Thanks for #52. I never saw any reference to it so I'll try it this week.

My book (P088660 issue 1.0) has this:
At any point, while you are entering the destination phone number, you can press #, which results in the display in step 10, from which you can use options and insert special characters
To use options and insert special characters:
• press 2 to enter more digits
• press 3 to enter a timed pause (4 seconds)
• press 4 to recognize dial tone (1.5 seconds)
• press 5 to insert an number sign (#)
• press 6 to insert an asterisk (*)
• press • to cancel and retry
The Timed Pause special character appears as a P on
the display. The Recognize Dial Tone special
character appears as a D.

I reread the section and found nothing about flash or disconnect to complete the offsite transfer though?

Posted By: NTlayoff Re: CCR TREES - 12/05/16 02:47 AM
Short example for you.
Path:
0 - Menu - Thanks for calling ABC for repair press 1 for sales press 2
1 - Menu - For Tom press 1, Tony press 2
11 - External Xfr - (Tom's number)
12 - External xfr - (Tony's number)
2 - Menu - For Gary press 1 for Andy press 2 for John press 3
21 - Internal xfr - x233 (Gary)
22 - Internal xfr - x244 (Andy)
23 - Menu - For John Henry press 1 for John Doe press 2
231 - Internal xfr - x252 - John Henry
232 - Internal xfr - x254 - John Doe

Hope you can take it from there.

If you are trying to use Comcast to transfer, first you need to make sure customer has the option to do that. It can be called any number of things:
Conf with Transfer, Conf with Disconnect. But ask them you need to send a caller to another number and then disconnect the line from customer phone while still have the two callers stay connected.

I had one Provider who could not provide that. The call would be dialed and as soon as I hung up, it disconnected the caller also.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: CCR TREES - 12/05/16 12:35 PM
Just remember the Path number is what the caller press's in total to get to that point.

# = link/flash
In Land of Nortel it is called Link, try page 132

Posted By: Not_sirius Re: CCR TREES - 12/07/16 03:44 AM
WELL.... How about another shot? mebbe tequila this time B-}

BTW If it makes a difference, the version is NVM 4.0.0.4C.

On the external transfer out issue:
I get to the tree, path, xfer, ext. and the display shows
line-pool-number
I can set for either pool or line.
On number
I can use the #2 to start
#5 to put in a # for the link
I can enter the number
I select OK
It goes back to line-pool-phone number showing ext-pool on the top line of the display.
However, at this point I can't see anywhere to save these entries?

On the menuing:

Tree 0 shows invalid?
whoever set it up to begin with used tree 1 only for these guys and apparently tree 2 for a tenant service arrangement. New company wants the tenant removed and only one menu tree so I'm using tree 2 to work on with the intent of making it the active tree after I'm satisfied it will work.

The present menus all say things like Dial 203 for bob, not 1 for bob(pre-programmed to xfr to ext 203)

I go to tree 2
path 1
select menu
it will allow me to record a greeting and an alternate but I see no place to select any path to set for xfer from.

Oh and a funny aside to me was that the previous company had 16 private lines for the 12 stations since some had 2.

Posted By: NTlayoff Re: CCR TREES - 12/07/16 03:52 AM
You cannot use Line Pool codes. Set all line pool codes to none. Set External Code to none.
Now you must create Routing Codes.

Then you choose in your Tree, ROUTE and nothing else. In your dialing numbers, you put in Route+phone number.

Delete the paths you don't need, then create the ones you want.
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: CCR TREES - 12/07/16 10:05 PM
Are you talking about line pool codes on the phone system?If all line pools are set to none then what happens if they dial 9? Also are the routing codes part of the phone side?

I haven't seen route anywhere on the VM trees? Does it appear after you change the phone system?

I can see I've got a lot more reading to do.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: CCR TREES - 12/08/16 02:50 AM
Line Pool code 9 and Routing code 9 basically will do the same thing - dial a number using a pool of lines. They just do it in a different manner.

If you want external transfer it must use routing - under Services. Set up routes to use which lines (pool A, etc) and a destination code - like 9 - to point to a route.
It is all under Phone admin.
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: CCR TREES - 12/08/16 07:49 PM

SO once I set up the route code on the phone system the VM will allow me to save a path using pool, #phone number ok and there will be end or save as an option?

Thank you for your help. I'll go back Tomorrow and take another run at it.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help