atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: teleco PRI on a MICS - 10/19/17 01:54 PM
What's involved,cards & programming, in switching a customer from POTS lines to a 12 channel PRI? I've worked on the MICS for years but have never installed a PRI on one.Thanks
Posted By: Ken B Re: PRI on a MICS - 10/19/17 02:23 PM
You will need a DTI card and either a Services card or Fiber Combo card as well as a PRI enabler keycode. The rest is programming...
Posted By: John807 Re: PRI on a MICS - 10/19/17 02:55 PM
Also make sure the s/w level supports it. It's been awhile I think the lowest was 4.2 maybe?
Posted By: teleco Re: PRI on a MICS - 10/19/17 03:06 PM
How do I get the keycode?
Posted By: Ken B Re: PRI on a MICS - 10/19/17 03:38 PM
If I'm remembering correctly, PRI was available on 4.0 and up. The keycode can typically be generated by the supplier you buy the DTI from - you will need to get the System ID from programming in order to generate the code.
Posted By: teleco Re: PRI on a MICS - 10/20/17 11:13 AM
Thanks
Posted By: conxtel Re: PRI on a MICS - 10/29/17 06:05 PM
Would recommend upgrading to 7.1 as well. PRI works from 4.1 and up but was prone to all sorts of flaky issues. If you do upgrade it, be sure to upgrade first before entering the PRI keycode. If the system defaults, the system ID will change and your PRI enabler keycode will be useless.

Posted By: NTlayoff Re: PRI on a MICS - 10/30/17 12:05 AM
To add to what conxtel said..........

Do your upgrading BEFORE getting the keycode.
You will buy an Authorization code.
That Auth code needs translated to a keycode using your system ID.

If something happens as conxtel said, your system ID will change.
If you have not converted the AUTH code yet, then you can use the new ID to convert and saved yourself money.
Posted By: teleco Re: PRI on a MICS - 01/30/18 10:05 PM
Thanks for the info. The install is finally scheduled for Feb 13. I've got the fiber card the DTI card and the key code. Is there any programming I can do pre cutover to cut down the down time? Also is there a flowchart of programming steps I can reference? Thanks
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: PRI on a MICS - 01/31/18 04:39 AM
If you have already upgraded to 7.1 (if you were doing that) you can enter the PRI keycode without taking system down.
Program all the target line info and assign to phones.
Posted By: teleco Re: PRI on a MICS - 02/01/18 04:00 AM
Can you assist me in what sections I need to program?
Posted By: teleco Re: PRI on a MICS - 02/02/18 01:50 PM
Is there a flowchart as to what areas I need to program?
Posted By: jsaad Re: PRI on a MICS - 02/02/18 02:28 PM
there is a good faq on the tek-tips site under Norstar for 'how to install a pri'.
Posted By: teleco Re: PRI on a MICS - 02/02/18 03:07 PM
Great Thanks a lot.
Posted By: teleco Re: PRI on a MICS - 02/04/18 08:14 PM
Haven't found what I'm looking for. Where can I find a, step by step, instruction to convert from pot's change a PRI? Is there such a thing ?
Posted By: Curlycord Re: PRI on a MICS - 02/05/18 06:27 PM
Nortel (and most manufactures) did not create cheat sheets, only manuals.
Jsaad pointed you the right way.

Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: PRI on a MICS - 02/06/18 05:00 PM
agree

Any "Cheat Sheets" you have seen in the past were made by an individual Technician or Service Company.
Posted By: PatsRule14 Re: PRI on a MICS - 02/07/18 10:06 PM
Not to piggy back, but PRI keycodes were generated in the Nortel site, Nortel is long gone, how do they get generated now?
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: PRI on a MICS - 02/08/18 12:07 AM
If you search "PRI Keycodes on Nortel" there are third-party vendors that will sell you one.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: PRI on a MICS - 02/08/18 02:18 AM
Whoever sells you the Auth Code should be able to get the conversion to Key Code from the Avaya Web site.
Posted By: teleco Re: PRI on a MICS - 02/08/18 01:03 PM
I didn't ask or "cheat sheet". just asking for guidance to what areas of programming I need to enter data. Provisioning? routing? Targets, line access. Will all outgoing calls be done only from intercom? Just looking for general areas in programming I need to address. Thanks.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: PRI on a MICS - 02/08/18 06:20 PM
I didn't ask or "cheat sheet". just asking for guidance to what areas of programming I need to enter data. Provisioning? routing? Targets, line access. Will all outgoing calls be done only from intercom? Just looking for general areas in programming I need to address. Thanks"

THAT is exactly what a 'cheat sheet" is!

Originally Posted by Curlycord
Nortel (and most manufactures) did not create cheat sheets, only manuals.
As Curlycord pointed out you have to read the manual.
As Jsaad said:
Originally Posted by jsaad
there is a good faq on the tek-tips site under Norstar for 'how to install a pri'.

Here is the link to the Tek Tips website with the search results of "How to Install a PRI on a MICS"

https://www.tek-tips.com/search.cfm?pid=799&action=Search&q=how+to+install+pri+on+mics

The rest is Reviewing on your part.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: PRI on a MICS - 02/09/18 03:00 AM

Here is the answer to your revised request:

General area's:
Line Access
Lines
Hardware/Modules
Maintenance/Provisioning
Services/Routing
SystemProgramming/RecDigits

Yes you need to use Intercom plus code

Posted By: NTlayoff Re: PRI on a MICS - 02/09/18 03:11 AM
And don't forget to remove all your line pool codes and your external code.
Posted By: teleco Re: PRI on a MICS - 02/09/18 05:07 AM
Thanks Curlycord that's what I was looking for, some help navigating thru the menus I need to deal with. I've worked on Nortel for a long time and know what I'm doing, but have never dealt with a PRI .Really appreciate your help. Thank you.
Posted By: teleco Re: PRI on a MICS - 02/09/18 02:16 PM
Thanks Professor.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help