atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: A6 NorStar Door box - 11/02/17 08:08 PM
I have a NorStar Door Box that was working at a front door. Then one day, they could hear the phone ring but no voice path. Then a week later nothing. No door acknowledgement or ringing to secretary station. I came in and punched down all the connections and the door box now makes an acknowledgement tone when pressed, but does not ring the secretary station. Everything looks fine. Wire paths are in place and cross connected solid now. Is it possible it lost programming because it may have went offline or got disconnected? All the phones on the system are still in use, proper buttons and extension numbers on them. Make and receive calls.

Its just the NorStar door phone not working. I have another Norstar door box I swapped and doing the same thing. Am I overlooking something? Or do I need to get into CONFIG programming and stumble my way through the ringing programming.

I'm not a Nortel guy. But if it was Vertical or Vodavi or Lucent, I wouldn't be needing to ask the gurus.

Eric
Posted By: MooreTel Re: NorStar Door box - 11/02/17 08:46 PM
Yes, check the programming.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: NorStar Door box - 11/03/17 11:32 AM
Actually you should check the Door phone programming first via Feature 9*4.

Search for the guide if need it is only a few pages but it will also have the required programming via the phone system under it's DN (Line Access & Capabilities) which you can check if still an issue.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help